Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28

Default Back on the Road After 4 Years

Hey all, wasn't sure where to post this.

4 years ago my O2 sensors were failing and being in a county (in Texas) that tests OBDII and fails if the CEL is on, I decided to replace them all being they were all original to the car, The car had 153,000 miles so they were troopers and lasted a long time. At any rate, I coudn't get the one out of the driver's side stock exhaust manifold so decided to remove it. Still couldn't get the thing out even with the manifold out of the car. So decided to get shorty headers, Stainless Works Y pipe with cats and Magnaflow after cat.

Fast forward 4 years, it sat in the garage on jack stands the whole time.

Now it has all new exhaust, converted water pump to electric, new Opti though the stock one still worked and new ignition from the ICM/coil to the plugs. Fuel injectors were sent out to be professionally cleaned and I installed a new pressure regulator just because. Yesterday I got it inspected and registered. The previous registration expired 03/18. Well, it's good to get it back on the road.

I've learned a lot about the LT1 being I did all the work myself. Next up is new springs/shocks (which I already have), sway bars, panhard and ball joints. I also have the 98-02 front brake upgrade parts ready to go including braided brake lines (fronts for a C5 so they'll reach). I'm gonna wait and enjoy the car for a bit before tackling that.

This LT1 won't die, I won't let it! I do want to get a Solomon tune, since I've disconnected the air injection that'll keep the light from coming on and take advantage of the exhaust and intake mods. In January my car will be 25 years and considered a classic, the state won't OBD test it any longer! Just a regular yearly safety inspection that costs $8.75, registration is about $77.

1997 Z28 Z4C, M6 - CAI, MGW, 17" SS wheels, shorties/Stainless Works Y, Magnaflow, stock engine/tune.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Not Dave For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dave View Post
    Hey all, wasn't sure where to post this.

4 years ago my O2 sensors were failing and being in a county (in Texas) that tests OBDII and fails if the CEL is on, I decided to replace them all being they were all original to the car, The car had 153,000 miles so they were troopers and lasted a long time. At any rate, I coudn't get the one out of the driver's side stock exhaust manifold so decided to remove it. Still couldn't get the thing out even with the manifold out of the car. So decided to get shorty headers, Stainless Works Y pipe with cats and Magnaflow after cat.

Fast forward 4 years, it sat in the garage on jack stands the whole time.

Now it has all new exhaust, converted water pump to electric, new Opti though the stock one still worked and new ignition from the ICM/coil to the plugs. Fuel injectors were sent out to be professionally cleaned and I installed a new pressure regulator just because. Yesterday I got it inspected and registered. The previous registration expired 03/18. Well, it's good to get it back on the road.

I've learned a lot about the LT1 being I did all the work myself. Next up is new springs/shocks (which I already have), sway bars, panhard and ball joints. I also have the 98-02 front brake upgrade parts ready to go including braided brake lines (fronts for a C5 so they'll reach). I'm gonna wait and enjoy the car for a bit before tackling that.

This LT1 won't die, I won't let it! I do want to get a Solomon tune, since I've disconnected the air injection that'll keep the light from coming on and take advantage of the exhaust and intake mods. In January my car will be 25 years and considered a classic, the state won't OBD test it any longer! Just a regular yearly safety inspection that costs $8.75, registration is about $77.
    In january install an obd1 pcm and have anyone but him tune it. great to see you back
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Good for you. I know the feeling. Mines been down for 2 years mostly due to pnw weather. What shocks and springs are you getting?

Whats wrong with solomon? Or was that sarcasm. He's the only one that does mail orders for 93s.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

PCM of North Carolina does 93’s.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/product-cate...-order-tuning/

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Super Kevbot View Post
    Good for you. I know the feeling. Mines been down for 2 years mostly due to pnw weather. What shocks and springs are you getting?

Whats wrong with solomon? Or was that sarcasm. He's the only one that does mail orders for 93s.
    considering a member here had his motor grenaded because solomon "forgot" to change the injector constant, and basically sent a stock tune with emissions turned off, plus also did a similiar thing to myself when i ordered a 383 stroker tune, i would look elsewhere
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    considering a member here had his motor grenaded because solomon "forgot" to change the injector constant, and basically sent a stock tune with emissions turned off, plus also did a similiar thing to myself when i ordered a 383 stroker tune, i would look elsewhere
    Been that way since as long as I can remember, I honestly do not know why folks use him.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem