Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Default 1994 Formula 381ci TH400 300-shot

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - Gone to a (VERY) good home ! ! !

***** End of an era. Parting ways after 27-1/2 years. Fortunately, sold to a member here…. I'm really glad it worked out that way. *****

Time to move on. I’ve reached the age where doing anything significant with my 1994 Formula is not practical. This vehicle, while mostly stock appearing, has been highly modified with top quality parts.

Unfortunately, it has sat unused and unstarted in my garage for about 6 or 7 years, and out in the driveway for the last 2 years. Still looks like new – no rust, perfect paint, no leaks, dry interior, etc. Photos will be posted.

I will post a detailed list of the mods in the next post. The engine was built in 2000, and tuned with a MoTeC M48Pro ecu, by Second Street Speed in Perkasie, PA. The forged 381ci LT1 is making just under 500 HP at the flywheel, and has a cam mild enough that it should be able to pass tailpipe emissions (with available cats). The power adder is a 300-shot of dry nitrous. Currently estimated at 800 HP and 800 lb-ft at the flywheel.

Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a built TH400 with full manual, reverse pattern valve body, and a Gear Vendors 0.78:1 overdrive. The Mark Williams chrome moly driveshaft connects to a Strange 12-bolt with HD Eaton posi, and 4.11 Pro-Street gears.

Suspension is mostly Spohn Performance, some parts specifically made for the car, and others installed by Steve Spohn as prototype installs for his new products.

Everything is fairly neat and well constructed. I did most of the chassis and interior mods. See the list for details.

I expect a few negative comments on the build, but ask that you keep in mind this was done more than 20 years ago, and used what was available at the time. It is what it is. End of topic.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 04-01-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.