Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Default 1994 Formula 381ci TH400 300-shot

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - Gone to a (VERY) good home ! ! !

***** End of an era. Parting ways after 27-1/2 years. Fortunately, sold to a member here…. I'm really glad it worked out that way. *****

Time to move on. I’ve reached the age where doing anything significant with my 1994 Formula is not practical. This vehicle, while mostly stock appearing, has been highly modified with top quality parts.

Unfortunately, it has sat unused and unstarted in my garage for about 6 or 7 years, and out in the driveway for the last 2 years. Still looks like new – no rust, perfect paint, no leaks, dry interior, etc. Photos will be posted.

I will post a detailed list of the mods in the next post. The engine was built in 2000, and tuned with a MoTeC M48Pro ecu, by Second Street Speed in Perkasie, PA. The forged 381ci LT1 is making just under 500 HP at the flywheel, and has a cam mild enough that it should be able to pass tailpipe emissions (with available cats). The power adder is a 300-shot of dry nitrous. Currently estimated at 800 HP and 800 lb-ft at the flywheel.

Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a built TH400 with full manual, reverse pattern valve body, and a Gear Vendors 0.78:1 overdrive. The Mark Williams chrome moly driveshaft connects to a Strange 12-bolt with HD Eaton posi, and 4.11 Pro-Street gears.

Suspension is mostly Spohn Performance, some parts specifically made for the car, and others installed by Steve Spohn as prototype installs for his new products.

Everything is fairly neat and well constructed. I did most of the chassis and interior mods. See the list for details.

I expect a few negative comments on the build, but ask that you keep in mind this was done more than 20 years ago, and used what was available at the time. It is what it is. End of topic.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 04-01-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Detailed mods list attached.

Asking $10,000 (negotiable).

I want to add the following, to clarify my pricing basis.

In my opinion, this is really a low price, considering what I have into the car, the quality of the components and work, and the condition it is in. The above price is "as is/where is". I have already taken the following into consideration in setting the price that low:

1 - You may have shipping costs, and if you are far from NJ and don't have access to a trailer they can be appreciable. But at this low price I have set, I can't share those costs. I listed the car here on ltxtech first because of the seemingly large number of members in the NJ/PA area in the hope that would minimize the shipping issue.

2 - I recognize there are things that need to be done when purchasing a vehicle that has sat unused for several years - replace all fluids, filters, wipers, maybe brake components, the headliner. But this is required on any 25+ year old used vehicle purchase. If you are running at a strict NHRA track, the SFI parts will need to be recertified. These are normal wear and tear items. I cannot assume those costs.

3 - The MoTeC ECU may seem unwieldy. It requires a laptop running Windows XP, serial port, capable of running DOS. But it works and runs the engine efficiently. Upgrading to a newer MoTeC might be a great idea, but that is not included in my selling price. I will work with Second Street to get you the best deal I can on the components if you want to go that route.

The "negotiable" part is still valid - maybe you want some of the parts I took off and plan to sell in the future, maybe my ZR1/Grand Sport "made in the USA" replicas, a pair of QA1 front springs that I never installed, etc. We can talk.

Thanks for understanding.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Injuneer; 10-31-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

You won't find any negativity here @Injuneer

You crawled so others could run with this platform and continue to bang out top notch advice and input. You couldn't build half of your car for what you're asking (Well okay, maybe the back half lol). GLWS!

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Thanks! I really appreciate that.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Truly a beautiful and well thought out car.
    Wish I could but just not possible now for me.
    Gonna be so jealous of who ever "steals" this car from you

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

fred, i am sad to see this, but i understand your decision. i have learned so much over the last 10 years from your posts and messages, and i truly appreciate your help all along the way.

wish i had the cash, best of luck on the sale. Hopefully whoever picks it up keeps it the way it is and runs it.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Holy Moly Fred, that's a steal of a deal for the car. Totally understand the need/want to sell, should go quick I'd think. Best of luck with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I havent started it in years and dont want to. I just cant take on the work to clean the complex fuel system. If I was 20 years younger, I wouldnt hesitate. So, someone will need to buy this not running. The laptop I had for logging and tuning the MoTeC is deceased. Someone will have to take a laptop to Second Street and get the software loaded, and (I suspect) pay for a new license. Hopefully Second Street still has the tune files.

I had a guy from Colorado wanted to buy it last year during COVID restrictions. I had him at $15K running (I would flat bed it to Second Street and get it running), or $13K not running. He had actually found a MoTeC tuner in Colorado, but decided he wanted to fly to NJ, and drive it back. Then he started asking for all the removed parts - seats, belts, radio, sunvisors, etc, etc. Turns out he thought he could throw all the parts in the back, and drive to CO. I explained it would actually take a trailer. But it became apparent he was going to turn it into a weekend cruiser. Couldnt understand why anyone would wanto do that. It was just so far off the wall that I told him no deal.

My hope is someone will buy this with a full understanding of what it is and what I wanted it to be, and take it to the next level. But if all else fails, somebody can make a good buck parting it out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    I havent started it in years and dont want to. I just cant take on the work to clean the complex fuel system. If I was 20 years younger, I wouldnt hesitate. So, someone will need to buy this not running. The laptop I had for logging and tuning the MoTeC is deceased. Someone will have to take a laptop to Second Street and get the software loaded, and (I suspect) pay for a new license. Hopefully Second Street still has the tune files.

I had a guy from Colorado wanted to buy it last year during COVID restrictions. I had him at $15K running (I would flat bed it to Second Street and get it running), or $13K not running. He had actually found a MoTeC tuner in Colorado, but decided he wanted to fly to NJ, and drive it back. Then he started asking for all the removed parts - seats, belts, radio, sunvisors, etc, etc. Turns out he thought he could throw all the parts in the back, and drive to CO. I explained it would actually take a trailer. But it became apparent he was going to turn it into a weekend cruiser. Couldnt understand why anyone would wanto do that. It was just so far off the wall that I told him no deal.

My hope is someone will buy this with a full understanding of what it is and what I wanted it to be, and take it to the next level. But if all else fails, somebody can make a good buck parting it out.
    youre not making the "me avoiding the loan officer" thing any easier .

funny thing, my buddy had his cobra tuned at second street about 7 years ago and we were talking to the owner about you and george's cars. he had a lt1 camaro in that he was doing a motec to

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    94 Z28

Cool

WOW.... Now I'm torn. I've been gathering all the info and pricing for a build. I currently have a 94 z28 with about a thousand miles on a 20 over stock cam rebuild. Thinking of going with a forged Golen 383 short block. I have a set of factory heads for Loyyd to compile a stage 2 set up. It's a 6 speed car with an S60 373 gear (500 miles on it). HHMMM..... what to do? Man that price though... I do turn 50 next week.
    Last edited by RED94Z; 10-08-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast