Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

Default Regearing a jag rear….. advice before I start

Ok, following everyone’s advice on doing gears before converter I have gone ahead and ordered a bunch of stuff, probably would be cheaper to farm it out, but like the guy the guy in the video I’m going to ask people to watch ( to tell me if he’s got everything and or missed anything I should know) I want to do as
    Much of the wrench turning on my car as I can!!!
    I have ordered every part number he says, and got the Dana 3:73 gears. I haven’t ordered a shim pack yet as it’s one of
    my questions……
    here is the link if anyone has the time to watch it.. if not I will still move forward, but might get stopped awaiting on a part that’s not mentioned etc

now my first question on the shim pack, is it carrier specific? Housing specific? Or gear specific? It’s a jag Salisbury diff, will have auburn gear lsd and Dana 44 gears….

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

Ok, this isn’t off to a great start, been refunded my money from company I ordered the auburn gear carrier from as they say it’s not available, found another company that claimed they had it, then I get email saying expect delay in shipping as it’s coming direct from manufacturer, guess I’m waiting regardless because I also go email from kegs saying both the gears and the yoke are back ordered……. More to follow if I ever get my parts….

Asshole.

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am
    Supporting Member

It sounds liked a fabbed 8.8 or 9" may be the fastest route lol. Good luck, delays really suck!

Chris.
    1994 Trans Am
    Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 Corvette Z06 HCI, Coilovers, 630whp | 1987 Iroc Sitting in the weeds
    2006 Silverado Z71 5.3 "HO" L33/60e, Baby cam'd at 240k
    | 2012 Escalade ESV Platinum 6.2 AWD, Some audio stuff, DD/Work Car

LTX Regular

Status

Another option is to buy a pumpkin from a salvage yard and just bolt it in. I believe almost all will interchange and will be a Salisbury unit. Get one from a '93-96 XJS as most were 3.54 power locks. I used one from '95 with the 3.54 PL and run a Yank SS 3600 convertor. Quite the combo but you'll need some tires. I just put new ones on mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lt1-xjs; 09-04-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    '89 Jaguar XJS w/'93 z/28 eng. & trans. 12.82 @ 104 1.74 60' 3900#