Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Andrew J Thompson
    Vehicle
    9c1 LT1 95

Default Here from central Massachusetts

I’ve been on a few of these sites in the past! I’ve had sitting around a 95 caprice 9c1 LT1 car for a few years. How ever life happens and the car sat registered and unused for quite some time. When I got the car I picked up a obd1 cable connector setup to hook to a laptop and tunercats software. I’m not sure if I even still have the cd and I’m hoping I’ve transferred it from one laptop to another along the way. The obd1 cable went from the car to a 25 pin serial connector with a usb type b female port on the other side. I’m noticing the connector has a small switch next to the USB port with no label as to what it’s for? Any ideas why the switch is there? The car had a few idiot light on once it was restarted from sitting and all but the ABS light are now off! I’m hoping to be able to clear that light on the computer before bringing it for a inspection sticker🙂

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleeyez78 View Post
    I’ve been on a few of these sites in the past! I’ve had sitting around a 95 caprice 9c1 LT1 car for a few years. How ever life happens and the car sat registered and unused for quite some time. When I got the car I picked up a obd1 cable connector setup to hook to a laptop and tunercats software. I’m not sure if I even still have the cd and I’m hoping I’ve transferred it from one laptop to another along the way. The obd1 cable went from the car to a 25 pin serial connector with a usb type b female port on the other side. I’m noticing the connector has a small switch next to the USB port with no label as to what it’s for? Any ideas why the switch is there? The car had a few idiot light on once it was restarted from sitting and all but the ABS light are now off! I’m hoping to be able to clear that light on the computer before bringing it for a inspection sticker��
    probably switches the baud rate. thats an old cable. also tunerpro is free if tunercats doesnt work.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!