Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Yea cause its a cheesy way to skirt actually thinking and adjusting rockers properly.

Just forget the torque to spec method and adjust rockers like every SBC has done. Its not that hard.
    You're right, its not hard. Its just a bunch of steps that aren't necessary on an LT4. So you can't answer my question either. Did you reply only to insult me and my quest for knowledge? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post

I have ran a full oem lt4 hotcam in the past, thats where my experience comes from, like 3 cars ago. with the gm branded 1.6 roller rockers, lt4 hotcam, etc.

Why you would want to run any cam with the stock torque to spec rockers is the real question, and why do a cam swap for 10hp. that is the elephant in the room

good luck

Please pull up where I said 10hp for the hotcam. I will wait. You are a fun person too. If you can't answer someone's question you make up things they said and insult them for it. Hilarious. What a great site to come get information.

Quote Originally Posted by El Super Kevbot View Post
    You're right, its not hard. Its just a bunch of steps that aren't necessary on an LT4. So you can't answer my question either. Did you reply only to insult me and my quest for knowledge? Thank you.
    If the cam base lobe is the same diameter of the LT4 OEM cam, I would imagine it would "work" to torque down to a specific value. As long as you have the OEM shouldered rocker studs.

IMO, you are placing a lot of trust in GM who made the torque numbers based on a set combo. But, its a free country so do what you think is best.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Super Kevbot View Post
    Not from all ive read. 10hp. And idles that still burns retinas. What did your hotcam gain from a tune?
    Right there ^ i didnt make something up, i used my own experience and quotes from articles/other posts in other places.

i guess i read your post with 10hp wrong, i apologize

Have a great day

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SSlowBoat; 04-13-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12