Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Their budget model, terminator x max. So quick screen shot of the software below. I plan on reading the plugs after a low timing pull, evaluate if 7/8 look hotter and perhaps just give em a few percent more fuel and a degree or so less timing than the overal AFR/timing.

Am I way overthinking this? Absolutely.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Roadmaster wagon

Personally, I would not do two changes at the same time based on hunch, if things are close, as you will not be able to tell which caused any change. I think I would start with mixture if you look a lot lighter on the plugs.

How are you telling the difference between combustion/cylinder temp and mixture. I never was able to get much more off the plugs than mixture and plug heat range, unless there was detonation that would show up differently.

I am a big fan over thinking things in many cases. I have always run under the premise that you really can't expect to be able to figure out why something doesn't work without fully understanding how it works.

I will strictly be basing temp on the plug readings. So taking the worst cylinders and using them to baseline the rest of the pulls on. Not sure how well that will work out, but I have 22 plugs so should be able to get a decent read at least once lol

Afterword's, giving those cylinders a tad more fuel as a extra safety.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12