Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Replace the radiator.. I just dealt with this sort of thing, no black stuff but constantly overheating after numerous bleeds, numerous caps. It would drive fine sometimes but any hill or incline and it would skyrocket. It left me stranded in Vegas on my way to phx this summer. I hate going to dealerships but I was left no choice. I told them everything. They did pressure tests and the motor was fine. Turned out the cheap internet radiator that my brother installed when he was trying to figure it out turned out to be ever so slightly warped and cause the cap seals to wear uneven. Made it home to Seattle no problems. I'd bite the bullet and replace the radiator. At least rule it out. Hope this one lasts 28 years.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

I have purchased a new 3 row aluminum radiator, and a new t stat, but still working on bathroom, if I stop to work on car, wife will not be happy!!! You know that saying is try.... happy wife, happy life!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darrenmb For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

UPDATE!!!!!!
    Because I hate reading posts with an issue but no resolution!!
    Finally had some time yesterday and got to work on car! It’s a combination issue, I replaced t stat and temps cam
    Back down to a normal level with just one fan being called for turning on and off as needed, so car is running properly and cool again, used my ir gun to check everything out and. Although temps are staying between 177 and 183, with both hoses hot, I still have a couple of cold spots in radiator near bottom center, doesn’t appear to be hurting anything but I have ordered a new rad regardless, one I bought was for v6 , had no steam port,
    Main issue was faulty tstat though! Onward and upward!!!! Now that temps outside are going up it’s time to evacuate and charge the ax!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darrenmb For This Post:

always nice to have it be a simple fix!
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123