Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Haha I still have the link in my sig on here to my old mod list from SD. Website may be down but I'll keep the memory going
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

LS7 FTW!!!!!

Love that color on the Z06. Did you see what condition the stock heads were in when you replaced them?
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    LS7 FTW!!!!!

Love that color on the Z06. Did you see what condition the stock heads were in when you replaced them?
    I still have them in my garage to sell but I haven't checked them out. The car was running great but I couldn't risk that chance of the valve issue occurring.

Took some better pictures today.

0207211422~2.jpg
    0207211421b.jpg
    0207211421b_HDR.jpg
    0207211421a_HDR~2.jpg
    0207211421a~2.jpg
    0207211421.jpg
    0207211421_HDR.jpg
    0207211420~2.jpg
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

Take the springs off and do the "wiggle" test.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I love that color in the sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Niccolo
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Not a fan of the color but it still looks absolutely stunning.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by purnel017 View Post
    Not a fan of the color but it still looks absolutely stunning.
    It's definitely a love it or hate it color. I would have loved to have found one of the couple different blues they made (Jetstream blue especially) but they just weren't out there when I was looking. I always loved the SOM 4th gen Fbody so Atomic Orange is wasn't a detractor for me. From everything I've researched mine is one of less than 300 for the options it has that year (I think it's less than 150 but it's difficult to get the specifics). I love this ceramic coating that my friend did, I simply wash it off with water and lightly wipe with a microfiber then air dry it.

Once I need new tires, I'll get the wheels powder coated as chrome is not my thing and these are pretty pitted especially on the front. You can see it on the last set of pictures.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Well, I fucked up bad. I haven't posted anywhere else because frankly, I'm embarrassed and pissed at myself.

My friend had been wanting a ride for a couple months (he has a base c6 with a couple mods). I was at a pool tournament and had time between rounds. Took it out on the highway and planned to do one 2-3 shift and maybe a 3-4 depending on traffic. Hit the top of 2nd and apparently wasn't focused enough and fucking money shifted into first. By the time I realized it was in 1st it was too late.

Limped the car home. I definitely fucked the trans and I think I cracked the differential as it's leaking gear oil all over. I'm hoping I didn't hurt the motor but won't find out for a couple weeks.

Luckily nobody was injured except my ego and my wallet.
    Last edited by Z28pr0jekt; 06-03-2021 at 06:30 AM.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Z28pr0jekt View Post
    Well, I fucked up bad. I haven't posted anywhere else because frankly, I'm embarrassed and pissed at myself.

My friend had been wanting a ride for a couple months (he has a base c6 with a couple mods). I was at a pool tournament and had time between rounds. Took it out on the highway and planned to do one 2-3 shift and maybe a 3-4 depending on traffic. Hit the top of 2nd and apparently wasn't focused enough and fucking money shifted into first. By the time I realized it was in 1st it was too late.

Limped the car home. I definitely fucked the trans and I think I cracked the differential as it's leaking gear oil all over. I'm hoping I didn't hurt the motor but won't find out for a couple weeks.

Luckily nobody was injured except my ego and my wallet.
    Ah holy crap man. That's a sucky thing to have happen. How high did the Rev's get or did it just get violent to the trans/diff until you caught it?
    Last edited by Z28pr0jekt; 06-03-2021 at 06:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Revs sat at the limiter from an ignition standpoint (7K) but technically from a mechanical standpoint the motor was trying to spin >10K. 90mph in 1st when 1st only goes to 60mph.

I didn't realize what was happening for a few seconds, I thought it was trying to spin in 3rd but it has never spun in third, then when I realized it was actually slowing down while staying on the limiter, I ripped it out of gear. Didn't want to go in any gear after that until my speed came down and I had to pump the clutch several times to find an open gear. Found 4th, pulled it off the highway and managed to get it home which was less than a mile away. It was extremely notchy going into gear and making terrible noises.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast