Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Default New to me but out of the LTx game

For those that don't know, my 93 Z28 was taken apart over 10 years ago in efforts of a forged 355 and turbo setup. Unfortunately, due to some misplaced trust, this build was never finished, that car will never be back together and has been rotting in storage for 8-9 years now.

After driving around a solid daily replacement for the past 10 years I was finally in the position to get one of my dream cars in June 2020. I picked up a 2008 Atomic Orange C6 Z06 with about 32K miles on it. Within a month or two I decided the unknown history of the heads and the car being 12 years old that I would throw some money at her.

PRC 285 CC heads, TSP 3.2 cam, ARH 2" Longtubes and midpipe, AMT motormounts and diff mounts, Monster LT1-S Twin Disk, Old School Mild2Wild and some other supporting parts. Car put down 603whp/484tq on a Mainline Dyno tuned by Ajay with Anonymous Calibrations here in Jacksonville back in early December.

I just got the car back yesterday from an old friend who starter a new ceramic coating business called 5% Coatings and he did a phenomenal job. My stock chrome wheels are pitted so I'm going to eventually get them stripped and powder coated until I can save up for some BC Forged rims.

received_1158037427985654.jpegreceived_1149760875437968.jpegreceived_335187727829945.jpegreceived_210356787432928.jpegreceived_165376168363471.jpeg1203201122.jpg0123211458.jpg0123211459.jpg0123211459a.jpg0123211550.jpg

I have some videos but I can't get them to upload.
    Last edited by Z28pr0jekt; 01-24-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

You know my thoughts. But I'll profess my love for it here too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Thank Fastbird, I love love love this car. Clutch is a little tricky as it grabs really high (the stock clutch did too) so I either need to get a C5 assist spring and/or an adjustable clutch stop. Outside of that, it's crazy the power this makes with just heads/cam. I'll be putting on an intake manifold, TB and some injectors as I was at 95% duty cycle on the stockers.

Even with an absurdly larger cam than the CC306 I had in the LT1, the street manners of this are night and day versus the Z28. I have some surge at very low throttle/rpm in first and second but my Z28 was way worse. Bad part about this car is I'm actually scared to break it whereas I never had that feeling with the Z28. I think it's more of a money thing in terms of how much the parts cost but eventually I will track it to see what I can trap on street tires. When I can gather the money for built diff/trans/axles/torque tube, I'll throw some stickies on it and shoot for 9s.

Any clue how to attach a video off my harddrive? I only see where I can link a video to a URL
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Love the car! As you may have seen in my build thread, I also joined the C6Z bandwagon and can 100% relate on the fbody build issue with distrust. *sigh* Fortunately, I've had toys over the years that haven't made getting the bird on the road a priority.

Breaking parts on the Z06 can be costly, but it's well built. Make sure there's oil in it and it has a solid tune and you'll be fine for many years to come.

As for as posting video, just upload to Youtube and post the YT link.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quality sucks a bit on some of these. Couple dyno vids and two idle vids. I need to take some better ones.

-Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

@Z28pr0jekt Ryan I wouldn't worry about breaking the rear or axles unless you're on seriously sticky tires and trying to cut nasty short times. Or wheel hopping. Mainly wheel hopping. Control that and you'll be fine (that typically just nukes the output shafts anyway). I say this because even in my car at 800-900+ RWHP and my heavy foot and NT05R's......the stock 08 C6Z trans and rear in my car are holding up FINE.

I still can't believe they make that kind of power N/A with just heads and cam. 600+ RWHP N/A is nuts. Your car sounds SOOOOOOO awesome too.
    Last edited by Fastbird; 01-27-2021 at 03:39 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    @Z28pr0jekt Ryan I wouldn't worry about breaking the rear or axles unless you're on seriously sticky tires and trying to cut nasty short times. Or wheel hopping. Mainly wheel hopping. Control that and you'll be fine (that typically just nukes the output shafts anyway). I say this because even in my car at 800-900+ RWHP and my heavy foot and NT05R's......the stock 08 C6Z trans and rear in my car are holding up FINE.

I still can't believe they make that kind of power N/A with just heads and cam. 600+ RWHP N/A is nuts. Your car sounds SOOOOOOO awesome too.
    Good to know, I think it was 09+ got a slightly better diff and axles. Initially, it'll just be street tires so I can learn the launch, see what I trap and honestly get some seat time in that environment again as it's been over a decade since I've raced.

I need to throw the car on a Dynojet just to see what it puts down. Power came in right where I expected but torque was 20-40 lower than I expected. I've read a bunch about mainline dynos and one consensus is they read 15-20% low but there's no way I'm making 15% more power. My buddy has been tuned on that dyno before and he thinks it reads a little high considering what one of his cars put down and the mods it has. I think my research may have been talking about a mainline hub dyno versus the roller I was on. I just need to catch a dyno day at one of the shops down here with a Dynojet. I wanted 580+ and knew 600 was capable with that setup. The intake manifold and TB with injectors should be worth another 20-30whp.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Sounds awesome! I also spot a CETA in those idle videos.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Sounds awesome! I also spot a CETA in those idle videos.
    Funny story about that. The guy, Mark, that works on my car I met back in 05 or 06 at the old 1/8th mile track in Jacksonville where him and his wife (LS Trans Am also) used to race. It's an LS6 based motor with a good amount of nitrous and a good driver. He used to help me with my Z28 (GM Mastertech for years and years). When my Z28 went down, I fell out of the whole scene. That picture is the first time I saw that car in over a decade and I was like a kid again seeing it haha.

Fastbird would remember an old user of speeddensity.org ChrisHarvick or HarvickGM something like that used to date or be married to Mark's daughter.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I DO remember the "HarvickGM" username from SD.org! Wow.....blast from the past.
    @Z28pr0jekt Ryan I actually have a couple of the SD.org guys (besides you) on my FB list and every now and then I'll chat up Dean (KnightFire) over on GarageJournal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast