Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LTX Master

Status

It won't let me view without joining GRRRR. I suppose the videos will get put on youtube eventually.
    What I did find was from 2019 but also found out that it runs a 3.25" stroke crankshaft so it's a 327 cubic inch(actually a 329ci because it has a 4.010" bore) High winding 327 just like back in the day.
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Here's his post from today......54# of boost from a Pro Mod 102 Turbo!

We just got back home from the Hail Mary Derby. If you've been following along the last few days you know we didn't get the 6 second pass we wanted. We did better our personal best by over two tenths however, and we did break 200 mph which was the second part of our goals for the weekend. We'll get that busted head pulled next week and see what else is hurt.

We ran this engine all year from the first event in March (TX2K) until this weekend with zero issues. Our strategy for 2020 was to win races and only turn the power up as necessary and that resulted in 5 wins, 2 splits due to curfew or weather, and 6 loses if I don't miss count. I'm not really sure how we even managed to get 12 events in considering how crazy this year has been due to Covid as well as all of the rain!

It took around 54 lbs of boost from the Pro Mod 102 to to hurt this thing grabbing the scramble once it clicked into third gear just KNOWING this was going to be that 6 second pass. It went 4.57 to the 1/8! We twisted this thing to 8800 RPM this weekend and was crossing the 1/4 mile traps at 8600.

As it turns out, LT junk really isn't junk at all.....

And then there is the transmission. Every pass, all year we never hurt, broke, scratched, or chipped a single thing inside of this Tick Performance T-56. The Advanced Clutches 8" Twin played a huge part in keeping the driveline in-tact. You might hear a clutch builder or two bad mouth Advanced Clutches but I couldn't be happier with the results.... I think results speak for themselves. A 1.13 sixty foot time in a 2800 lb f-body geared to run 200+ mph. Bad mouth that....

Thanks to my dad Johnny Atkins for being the crew. Thanks to all the guys at Tick who helped build, wire, wrench, and fab the small stuff along the way and Matt Goins and Adam-Megan Johnson for taking my ideas for products and turning them into reality better than I even imagined. Thanks to Stephen Eades and crew at Rock Solid Motorsports for the chassis and cage work, turbo system, and updates along the way. Thanks to Kevin Mullins and crew at TKM for the machine work they did earlier this year in a huge time crunch to make TX and those cnc Top fuel hoops that held the head gaskets in place even when I blew the head plumb off the block LOL. Thanks to all the other companies along the way that gave us parts or discounts on their products... Maven Performance, Street Carr Fabrication, Go Lithium, Comp Cams, Diamond Pistons, Crower, AEI, EFI Connection, Dark City Customs, Advanced Clutches, G-Force Transmissions, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Also thanks to Jason Miller and crew for delivering the baddest prep on the best track we see all year. If you want to see an organized event, go to their events. I grabbed my first ever 1/2 shift with the hoops hung about two feet in the air this weekend!

Last, I thank God for giving us the opportunities he has, for keeping everyone at the race safe, for the friends we have gained along the way, and for our country represented by that flag hanging between these two lanes. Pray for our Country, our leaders, and the true and honest outcome of this election that we may be able to enjoy our Freedom's that makes this nation so great for many years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JOATMON View Post
    It won't let me view without joining GRRRR. I suppose the videos will get put on youtube eventually.
    What I did find was from 2019 but also found out that it runs a 3.25" stroke crankshaft so it's a 327 cubic inch(actually a 329ci because it has a 4.010" bore) High winding 327 just like back in the day.
    Rock Solid Motorsports posted the 7.07 @ 203 mph pass on YouTube earlier today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathead For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Roadmaster wagon

I looked around a bit to find out what cooling setup he is using and couldn't find anything. Anybody heard what he has on the Grub Worm? Still reverse flow?

LTX Regular

Status
    Vehicle
    95 ta

He only has water pumped through the heads. When it was at rock solid motor sports getting built he goes over that on a YouTube video.
    Adam Legatt 95 trans am, 355 LE ported 21* TFS heads SS4000, 9'' 11.18@ 121.5 mph

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adam85 For This Post:

That 1-2 shift with the fronts in the air was amazing...
    1995 Firebird Formula, M6, ram-air, C7 hubs, BMR/Strano/Founders/Koni suspension, bolt-ons, Recaros, 315 Nankang AR-1's
    2010 Corvette Grand Sport, A6, Kooks/Halltech, 418 rwhp
    1966 Mustang 289-2V, auto, factory original

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rentedmule For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Jonathan Atkins showed out at the World Cup event in Maryland with two 6 second passes. He went 6.97 @ 211 and 6.96 @ 208.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathead For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Brandon++S
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

That's awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon++S For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

I'll second that. He is a shifting wizard. Found a video;
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

20 years of LT1 racing, and fastest was like low 8s?

And out of nowhere RSM and Tick, come out, say hold my beer and click off 6s
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast