Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: what next?

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Nathan
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Default what next?

Hey all. So... I'm kind of scratching my head and wondering what direction I should go in next and I'm wondering what everyone else's experience and thoughts are. I've got all of the fun aftermarket bolt on go fast goodies, I'll list separately below. I've dipped into the 12's a few times in mindshaft weather conditions, but mostly been hovering around the low 13's for the last few years. The car is making most of its ET in the first couple hundred ft. I'm getting bored with the car. Is there anything I'm missing, and if not, what should I do next? I'm not sure I'm ready to dive in with heads and cam yet. I really want to be solid in the 12's and find some more MPH. On average, I'm running 13.20-13.30's at 100-101 mph. Keep in mind I want to keep the car somewhat streetable, but no where near a daily driver. Just wondering if there are any bolt-ons im missing or if there is something else simple. Will a dyno tune find much more? Will updating valve springs and adding high ratio rockers yield much? Any info or advice helps. Please don't reply with "did you do a search?".

CAI
    LT's
    3" exaust
    3600 stall
    3.73 gears
    6al MSD
    Solomn mail order tune
    All of the usual deletes, Cat, EGR, Air pump
    I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Thanks in advance for your input.

nitrous
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Regular

Status
    Vehicle
    95 ta

Any weight reduction? I’d put nitrous on it too if you don’t want do do heads/cam.
    Adam Legatt 95 trans am, 355 LE ported 21* TFS heads SS4000, 9'' 11.18@ 121.5 mph

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Rims, tires, weight reductions, shocks, springs, torque arm, TB bypass, rockers & springs (I suggest doing rockers bolts while you're in there as I snapped one while driving one time), EWP
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

what tire you running? weight reduction, nitrous
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!