Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

Default Scan9495 problem

Hi guys...
    I am having a problem with my new transmission, ( for anyone not familiar with my setup, its the drivetrain and pcm from a 94 formy) it seems to get engine braking as soon as hits 4th gear, trans shop suggested it may be tps, so i hooked up the laptop and went for a drive, when i got it back home i tried to watch the saved file and it gave me an index error then says unhandled exception has occured conversion from string tps angle%(raw) to type double is not valid.

I am guessing trans shop may be onto something, but i can watch the tps in real time and it sweeps smoothly from 0 to 100. However it hits 100 at maybe 98 percent of pedal travel, pushing pedal the rest of the way down does not increase the percentage past 100, but does continue to increase voltage, about another 1/2 of a volt..
    I only get the error if trying to open a driven scan, if car isnt driven during scan i have no issues opening it. If i post my file can someone try to open/ interpret it?

Thanks

Darren

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Let's see if the author of Scan9495 can help.
    @GaryDoug

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenmb View Post
    Hi guys...
    I am having a problem with my new transmission, ( for anyone not familiar with my setup, its the drivetrain and pcm from a 94 formy) it seems to get engine braking as soon as hits 4th gear, trans shop suggested it may be tps, so i hooked up the laptop and went for a drive, when i got it back home i tried to watch the saved file and it gave me an index error then says unhandled exception has occured conversion from string tps angle%(raw) to type double is not valid.

I am guessing trans shop may be onto something, but i can watch the tps in real time and it sweeps smoothly from 0 to 100. However it hits 100 at maybe 98 percent of pedal travel, pushing pedal the rest of the way down does not increase the percentage past 100, but does continue to increase voltage, about another 1/2 of a volt..
    I only get the error if trying to open a driven scan, if car isnt driven during scan i have no issues opening it. If i post my file can someone try to open/ interpret it?

Thanks

Darren

Yes, post the scan file and the error message, as complete as possible. Are we sure this is a engine from an F-body car?

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

I have a new problem.... i cannot upload the file, its on my pc, and i cannot remember my password. My phone stays logged, so thats how i am posting this.
    I do not see a reset password box anywhere.. anyone know what i need to do?

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

20200617_072334.jpg
    In the mean time here is the error message.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

Ok, i emailed the file to myself, but one phkne cannot see a way to attach it to a post, i can attach pics, or videos, or url links, do i need to be on a pc? Or do i maybe not have permission to post a file?

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jake D Janssen
    Vehicle
    1995 Pontiac Firebird formula

I don't think you can post files. You will need to upload the file to a hosting site and provide a link for us to access our.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Just to keep this up to date, I received the Scan9495 data log file from Darren and we've been going back and forth on it. Also received a video of Scan9495 showing TPS volts vs. TPS % and it contradicted the data log numbers. I think I know why, but I'm reviewing it with GaryDoug to make sure I am not overlooking anything.

If we resolve it, we'll post the solution for the record, and future reference.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

I dont think tps is my transmission issue as i can watch 4th be commanded but then i get a freewheeling sensation like being in neutral, push gas a bit and drops to 3rd and drives normally, if i put car in 2nd ( which would be drive not overdrive as i have the standard jag shifter tower still) everything behaves normally, ie. Everything shifts normally, 1-2. 2-3 and i get lockup as well, so car is currently at trans shop so they can investigate.

Still cant open a file with scan9495, it seems though, as i can open it with excel that its not a huge ordeal.

Todays drive to transmission shop was by far furthest i have driven the car, about 15 miles in stop and go traffic, so about 40 minutes of driving, once car was up to temp after about 15 mins, i am getting a stumble as I pull away from a stop, also noticed after stopping for gas, it cranks for a good 3-4 seconds before catching when hot, so when i get car back, i will perform another scan, and hopefully now something definitive will show up, there are only a few of the original sensors left on this as i replaced most during the rebuild. I know the tps is original, as is the coolant temp sensor, and the maf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast