Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Just curious.... did you follow up with the suggestion I made in the email I sent on 6/20:

When you made the video, appears the engine was not running – run time = “0”, MAP = 102+ kPa, MPH = “0”. What I am thinking is that unless the engine is running, the PCM is still setting the closed throttle 0% baseline. The upper limit for a closed throttle voltage baseline is about 0.90-1.00 volts. I’m just guessing at this point. I posed this to Gary, so maybe he can test it on his simulator.

Try opening the throttle slowly, WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING to see if you get the same results.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

I did, same results, although i did it a little quicker than without it running, as my hoa wouldnt appreciate it. Took about 3 seconds to ramp up to full throttle and then instantly off, same thing, voltage changes without percentage of tps, i also hooked an old analogue voltmeter to it and got a steady sweep. Doesnt mean that isnt the problem though...

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    DARREN BRANDON
    Vehicle
    1983 jaguar xj6

Think i may need a new transmission shop... they are telling me things that are obviously lies, first was they changed the governor, and 2nd was that its a throttle cable issue, i do t have a 700r4, its a 4l60e... i already called them out on it and the guy on the phone said he would talk to his builder to see whats going on.. they have had car now for 2.5 weeks. My guess it they are trying not to pull trans back out!. My queation here is. If i can watch it command 1,2,3 and 4 and it goes to neutral in 4th could it be a harness issue? My understanding is is that if i get 1,2 and 3 it means all the solenoids are working correctly. Just want my ducks in a row before i raise hell when they call me back. Also just so all info is out there, i also still get lockup in 3rd.

Thanks
    Darren

P.s. if i need to re-ask in transmission section let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12