Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Default Just checkin on everyone...

I know the forum is no where near as active as it used to be... ut many still have notifications on.

Being that we have members from all over the country/world... I wanted to check in and see how everyone has been doing.

I know I have not been very active lately, but between covid and the issues with that? Now followed by the protests, riots and so on... I have not had alot of time.

Anyways... just wanted to check in and see how everyone is, and if anyone needs (may be difficult to execute, but u never know what other community member is near by and willing to help), post up.

Gotta get ready for another long shift... take care everyone...

-Popo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    I know the forum is no where near as active as it used to be... ut many still have notifications on.

Being that we have members from all over the country/world... I wanted to check in and see how everyone has been doing.

I know I have not been very active lately, but between covid and the issues with that? Now followed by the protests, riots and so on... I have not had alot of time.

Anyways... just wanted to check in and see how everyone is, and if anyone needs (may be difficult to execute, but u never know what other community member is near by and willing to help), post up.

-Popo

stay safe hot fuzz. just sitting here watching this unfold.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Thanks for the post.

It hit the fan here (DC) but thankfully not as bad as other places- but, as of yesterday, they canceled our days off, canceled our leave and put us on 12’s until further notice.

I hope whatever happens behind the rioting and looting, it misses you guys that haven’t seen any activity and for those in the thick of it, stay alert & be safe.

Sent from my Commodore64, excuse typos & brevity.
    'A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.'
    -Robert Hughes

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ncinirator For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post

-Popo

Still alive and kicking in Louisiana. Dedicating some time to work on my LT1 powered '57. Covid is slowly going away, we're moving into phase 2. Protesting still going on over in Baton Rouge. Good to hear from you Popo. Stay safe on the streets, watch your back and front and sides.
    Nolan
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

Things are going well. Moved to NY at the wrong time though. Covid was a bit nuts here, but I luckily am pretty far out on long island so it definitely could have been worse. I'm still trying to sell my formula. I'm about to do a huge price drop. The guy thats been working on it is really screwing me over and I've contacted my lawyer about him. I will most likely end up in another lt1 when I have a garage and money for it but for now I've had my fun with the car and its more of a relic of a person I no longer am and brings back a lot of crap memories. I barely enjoy driving it anymore. I still love the community and will probably lurk around a bit but this build is done for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spikester7878 For This Post:

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

We had a couple iffy nights in downtown Jax but I believe the protest today went peaceful. I'm just now on a 15% reduced pay versus a 25% reduced due to COVID driven business loss so that whole thing sucks.

I just joined the darkside, as of Friday I'll have a C6Z. I'll probably be getting to my storage unit soon to inventory the parts on the car and start parting it out. The shell is junk but a few thousand and the whole thing can go then the buyer can flip the parts for well more than that.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z28pr0jekt For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

As things continue to get worse and spread to other areas... just wanna keep checking in on our community here.

Yall ok?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

All good down South. Still staying away from social gatherings, had to miss a friend's wedding on Saturday. Still wearing a mask in grocery store, etc. although many people are not.
    Making some progress on my truck project, check out my thread. Remember the harness I talked to you about, I repaired all the bad parts of mine.
    Nolan
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Good to see the positive feedback!

Fortunately we made it to Cooperstown, NY to visit our son (Innovation Manager at Brewery Ommegang) the first weekend in March. Since then, in 3 months I've only put 160 miles on my daily driver. My wife had her car out of the garage only once. For senior citizens like us it's normal to be hanging around the house all day. But it's getting boring.

I need to hit the road. I have to renew my efforts to sell the Formula. I've got to start selling off all the random parts I have in the garage. I'll definitely list them here first, due to the number of nearby NJ and PA members - I hate shipping.

One concern - has anyone earn from Moe Bailey recently. I recommended him to someone looking for an LT1 tune, but the moehorsepower@peoplepc.com address wouldn’t work. I recall him responding on the same thread I responded to earlier in June.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

[QUOTE=Injuneer;492614]Good to see the positive feedback!

Fortunately we made it to Cooperstown, NY to visit our son (Innovation Manager at Brewery Ommegang) the first weekend in March. Since then, in 3 months I've only put 160 miles on my daily driver. My wife had her car out of the garage only once. For senior citizens like us it's normal to be hanging around the house all day. But it's getting boring.

I need to hit the road. I have to renew my efforts to sell the Formula. I've got to start selling off all the random parts I have in the garage. I'll definitely list them here first, due to the number of nearby NJ and PA members - I hate shipping.

One concern - has anyone earn from Moe Bailey recently. I recommended him to someone looking for an LT1 tune, but the moehorsepower@peoplepc.com address wouldn’t work. I recall him responding on the same thread I responded to earlier in June.[/QUOTE @MoeHorsePower

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast