Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Rob
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Default Baseline results

Got some baseline numbers before suspension work, this was at great lakes dragway, they did force me to run ttops off. Very basic setup. I'll be working on trying to shave 1.5 seconds off et from now until shootout.
    PS longtubes, ory with 3" muffler dumped at axle, Cai, 181k miles, 3.90s, full weight, leather power seats, full interior etc, factory sound system with amp, still with spare and Jack, had a 13lb jumper pack in the trunk. Only current mod to suspension is an adjustable PHB. on a 305/35/19. Hankook Ventus v12evo2.

Kinda wish I went with a stall converter over gears first but either way I need one. Thinking a stall, DRs, light diet, and 100 shot should get me where I wanna be... high 11s?? low 12s??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob.
    1996 Z-28 LT1 3.90s, longtubes, cai, ory exhaust dumped at axle, Solomon tuned, rebuilt trans, IG:JUNK_LT1

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Rob
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Also FWIW all four runs were done in 40 minutes
    Rob.
    1996 Z-28 LT1 3.90s, longtubes, cai, ory exhaust dumped at axle, Solomon tuned, rebuilt trans, IG:JUNK_LT1

Lurker

Status
    Name
    SAM
    Vehicle
    2008 G8 GT 1999 Z28 6M Pewter Sold 15 Q50S

Keep racing, get those 60ft down to 1.7!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Hard to do running a 27.4" diameter 19" street tire (305/35/19. Hankook Ventus v12evo2.). DR's should help a lot.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Rob
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Yes, 60 needs help. I have waiting to be installed adjustable Lcas and relocation brackets.

Added new wheels, Jegs stars (Dont know by how much but definitely weigh much less). I'm on 28" et streets though(in the market for a good dot 26" rn pending my finances).

Furthermore I've now went to a fiberglass hood and removed the Bose system, spare and Jack as well adding a PL diff cover.

I also went thru a whole opti situation since then where I had to replace bum rockauto units 2x. I put a known working MSD unit with some otvc wires to prevent arcing and I can feel the car is running much better than when I had it out at the track. I am thinking I may've had a small miss at my last track visit.

Plan is still to keep the motor and trans as is and begin investing into the suspension. Still plan to spray it and get a GOOD converter, just doing suspension first.

The track is about a 2hr cruise and I dont have a trailer. Which sucks rn because neither window operates and ac is also inoperable. So Maybe mid to late September I'll have some updated results. Really wanted to make the S/O this year but the opti situation really set me back financially as I kept paying labor cost for that removal and replacement.