Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: GDScan question

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Wes Brockway
    Vehicle
    1995 Z28 Camaro w/24X ignition

Default GDScan question

Can GDScan be used to log wide band data? If so how is the WB O2 wired in? Through the AC Pressure wiring?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by KYWes View Post
    Can GDScan be used to log wide band data? If so how is the WB O2 wired in? Through the AC Pressure wiring?
    You mean garydoug's scan 9495? if there is a way, i do not know it. I didnt think you were able to with scan9495.

with datamaster you can thru the ac pressure sensor wiring, but not with any of the other programs to my knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@GaryDoug

If he doesn’t respond here, try CamaroZ28.com or FirebirdNation.com

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

You can log into the ac pressure pin (D12 red/black wire) on the PCM however the data will show it as pressure and you would have to convert to the wideband reading somehow. I may be able to help with that conversion

Another long term option is to use the "D27" feature in the app Settings that logs the unused pin D27 voltage to the table as 0-5 vdc. Wire your wideband to pin D27 and select that option. It replaces the Baro pressure cell in the table (a static value that is not used for much anyway). The displayed reading is in the range of 0-5 vdc. You will have to interpret that somehow to your sensor.
    The downside to this is that you would have to install another wire and terminal to pin D27 since it is likely unused for anything and has no wire.
    Last edited by GaryDoug; 04-20-2020 at 10:34 AM.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaryDoug For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDoug View Post
    You can log into the ac pressure pin (D12 red/black wire) on the PCM however the data will show it as pressure and you would have to convert to the wideband reading somehow. I may be able to help with that conversion

Another long term option is to use the "D27" feature in the app Settings that logs the unused pin D27 voltage to the table as 0-5 vdc. Wire your wideband to pin D27 and select that option. It replaces the Baro pressure cell in the table (a static value that is not used for much anyway). The displayed reading is in the range of 0-5 vdc. You will have to interpret that somehow to your sensor.
    The downside to this is that you would have to install another wire and terminal to pin D27 since it is likely unused for anything and has no wire.
    the output on my aem is 0-5vdc. thank you for this. resolves alot of issues with tuners no longer having datamaster (tts stopped supporting it) and i love your program.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!