Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    39

    Default 1997 Camaro SS #3043 - $3500

    **Car is sold**


    Finally giving in, just too many projects and this one keeps getting pushed down the list. Also for sale on FB Marketplace and locally on Craigslist.

    Located outside of Reading, PA

    For sale is my 1997 Chevrolet Camaro SS #3043. T-tops, 6 speed T56 manual transmission, SLP optioned Torsen limited slip. The body has 229,000 miles on it, the motor was replaced recently with a 1993 firebird LT1 long block (supposedly ~95k miles) that I swapped all the relevant 1997 parts over to. Fresh fluid in transmission.


    SLP stainless 'dual dual' exhaust option.


    New: Radiator, water pump, all gaskets on the engine except for head gaskets and rear main seal. Transmission mount. New plugs and wires.


    Less than 5000 miles on catalytic converters, O2 sensors, Opti, clutch master cylinder.


    Original motor and extra parts included, so drive this car as is while you rebuild the original LT1. It did not have any running issues when removed. Had broken exhaust manifold bolts, so pulled to just freshen the whole thing, and never got around to it.


    Car is NOT currently driveable on the road due extremely bad tires. Could drive it onto a trailer, but needs to be towed home.


    Does not need much to finish it, I just can't seem to get it done, too many other projects. I've owned it since 2007 and only put 15,000 miles on it. Time to just accept that it doesn't have a high priority for me.


    Needs: Tires only hold air for a day.
    Has a new brake caliper and line in the rear, they could probably all use a refresh.
    Power steering pump whines.
    Alternator has some noise so could probably be replaced.
    Clutch has some chatter when first letting it out.
    What I suspect are the original SLP optioned Bilstein shocks are toast.
    Heater core is currently bypassed because I wanted to replace it before tying it in to the rest of the system with the new radiator/pump.
    AC system is there but does not currently work.


    Other things of note:
    Body in good condition except passenger rocker panel under the door has damage from previous owner. Looks like rode over a curb or something.
    Steering column has some slop in the tilt.
    Car sat in a humid garage for a while so the interior smells a bit musty. Could use a good cleaning/airing out.
    Tank has some super old gas in it (4+ years) that would need to be run out. About 1/4 of it is fresh.

    Video walkaround:



    I also have a bunch of the leftover 93 firebird parts that I'll throw in. Intake, wiring harness/PCM, etc. Pretty firm on price, what I consider to be at least the sum of the parts, but lets talk.
    Last edited by TrybalRage; 03-12-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    1997 Camaro SS ~ 220k of stockness... undergoing transformation.

  2. #2
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    Eh
    Location
    Phillipsburg NJ
    Posts
    6,371
    Supporting Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    Finally giving in, just too many projects and this one keeps getting pushed down the list. Also for sale on FB Marketplace and locally on Craigslist.

    Located outside of Reading, PA

    For sale is my 1997 Chevrolet Camaro SS #3043. T-tops, 6 speed T56 manual transmission, SLP optioned Torsen limited slip. The body has 229,000 miles on it, the motor was replaced recently with a 1993 firebird LT1 long block (supposedly ~95k miles) that I swapped all the relevant 1997 parts over to. Fresh fluid in transmission.


    SLP stainless 'dual dual' exhaust option.


    New: Radiator, water pump, all gaskets on the engine except for head gaskets and rear main seal. Transmission mount. New plugs and wires.


    Less than 5000 miles on catalytic converters, O2 sensors, Opti, clutch master cylinder.


    Original motor and extra parts included, so drive this car as is while you rebuild the original LT1. It did not have any running issues when removed. Had broken exhaust manifold bolts, so pulled to just freshen the whole thing, and never got around to it.


    Car is NOT currently driveable on the road due extremely bad tires. Could drive it onto a trailer, but needs to be towed home.


    Does not need much to finish it, I just can't seem to get it done, too many other projects. I've owned it since 2007 and only put 15,000 miles on it. Time to just accept that it doesn't have a high priority for me.


    Needs: Tires only hold air for a day.
    Has a new brake caliper and line in the rear, they could probably all use a refresh.
    Power steering pump whines.
    Alternator has some noise so could probably be replaced.
    Clutch has some chatter when first letting it out.
    What I suspect are the original SLP optioned Bilstein shocks are toast.
    Heater core is currently bypassed because I wanted to replace it before tying it in to the rest of the system with the new radiator/pump.
    AC system is there but does not currently work.


    Other things of note:
    Body in good condition except passenger rocker panel under the door has damage from previous owner. Looks like rode over a curb or something.
    Steering column has some slop in the tilt.
    Car sat in a humid garage for a while so the interior smells a bit musty. Could use a good cleaning/airing out.
    Tank has some super old gas in it (4+ years) that would need to be run out. About 1/4 of it is fresh.

    Video walkaround:



    I also have a bunch of the leftover 93 firebird parts that I'll throw in. Intake, wiring harness/PCM, etc. Pretty firm on price, what I consider to be at least the sum of the parts, but lets talk.
    man i have been trying to get the old lady on board, been seeing it on fb marketplace for a few days now. if it wasnt a 97 id already have it.
    2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
    2017 Fiesta ST -_- Its a go-cart

    1989 Camaro RS - Le2 H/C, SBE, CPT 4l60E, boost?
    1984 Camaro Z28 - Wifes' project. Stock LT1 with Hotcam - her cruiser

    The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ P600B/ CPT Pro Race 4L60E/Pro Torque 3200
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 in 2020 for Frank Cahall!

  3. #3
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    man i have been trying to get the old lady on board, been seeing it on fb marketplace for a few days now. if it wasnt a 97 id already have it.
    What's wrong with a 97? Best year of the LT1's man!
    1997 Camaro SS ~ 220k of stockness... undergoing transformation.

  4. #4
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    Eh
    Location
    Phillipsburg NJ
    Posts
    6,371
    Supporting Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    What's wrong with a 97? Best year of the LT1's man!
    Worst year in nj! that and 96 for inspection, 95 and earlier no inspection = full build no emissions!

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
    2017 Fiesta ST -_- Its a go-cart

    1989 Camaro RS - Le2 H/C, SBE, CPT 4l60E, boost?
    1984 Camaro Z28 - Wifes' project. Stock LT1 with Hotcam - her cruiser

    The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ P600B/ CPT Pro Race 4L60E/Pro Torque 3200
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 in 2020 for Frank Cahall!

  5. #5
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    Worst year in nj! that and 96 for inspection, 95 and earlier no inspection = full build no emissions!

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, dual cats, OBDII does change things. But if you wanted to make a nice stock looking sleeper... I think the right combo could put down some nice power even with manifolds. I believe in you! lol
    1997 Camaro SS ~ 220k of stockness... undergoing transformation.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TrybalRage For This Post:


  7. #6
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Car is sold.
    1997 Camaro SS ~ 220k of stockness... undergoing transformation.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •