Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

if he could explain how to export the file i have no problem doing so. its only an idle log but i can drive it tomorrow as it was on jack stands for looking at connections. LT and ST fuel trims were stuck on 128 with a coolant temp of 168. B1 and B2 p/w-mw were 4.39 and 4.29...which would mean its dumping fuel to compensate for lean condition? ive checked for vac leaks and found none

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

i meant p/w-ms* sorry

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Was it indicating closed loop? If the PCM has lost power (battery disconnect) the LTFT's reset to 128, and stay there until it goes into closed loop. And the PCM losing power would have cleared the code for the coolant temp sensor. STFT's are always 128 in open loop. The PCM richens the mixture on cold start by increasing the injector pulse widths. This is why you have to look at the entire log, to see what everything else is doing, and how it’s changing with time.

I've given GaryDoug a link to this thread, to see if he can help you with exporting the file(s).

LTX Master

Status

Kansas, Just for the sake of checking. Disconnect the coil wire from the coil and check for corrosion on the aluminum terminal. Polish with red scotchbrite if it's corroded.
    My wife's '94 had near exact symptoms while it was still under warranty, dealer mechanic cleaned the terminal up and installed a new coil wire and it ran perfect.
    I have replaced optis and wires during it's life and found the terminal corroded again. (cheap aluminum). The later LT1 coils had a different style coil wire attachment(same style plug wire connector as the optispark.
    Last edited by JOATMON; 02-04-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

i went ahead logged it and replaced the opti did a pcm reset and did the steps to re learn and the car is running back to normal. the opti seemed like it had an oring that came off and i had to dig out behind where the splines enter. so as of today its running muuuuuuch better. no stumbles or hesitations. appreciate all the help! also could of been a mixture of the temp sensor connector being full of crap also. i wish i would of got the cable and scan9495 sooner to have before and after data logs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123