Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

Default lt1 is killing me

long story short my wife has wanted a trans am since we were dating now married 8 years. she found a 94 trans am gt in patriot red metallic and couldnt live without it and i caved. car ran amazing when we first it a couple months ago. the car is cammed, dual valve springs, harden pushrods, new ebay opti, pcm over the valve cover wires, tr55gp plugs gapped at 35, pace setter mid lenth with hooker cat back, electric water pump, roller rockers, milled and mildly ported heads, 3200 stall, poly trans and engine mounts. one day the car just started running rough. sounds like an clapped out expedition when it does the puh puh puh puh puh thing going down the road. at idle the car seems decent. heat seems equal between all header tubes, the parts that were listed were installed by previous owner. also it has been tuned by moe. i shut the lights off and checked for grounding found nothing. made sure all connections were good. cleaned the MAF and checked connections there. i have not checked fuel pressure but will be doing so. is this the signs of a bad opti? i do have an obd1 to usb shipped and on its way so i can scan the car. its killing her not being able to drive the car. wondering where to go next. thanks

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

also injectors were cleaned and flowed with new o rings along with new fuel filter. car has had 2 tanks of 91 octane ran through it since bought. thanks

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

ive also took a screw driver and listened to all injectors they all seem to be clicking

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

eBay Opti's can be crap right out of the box.

Without scanning it, just a lot of guessing. Is the SES light on? What software do you plan to use to scan it?

Does it still have a cat?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

no cat, the ses is not on nor flashing...exactly what i was thinking when i found an old forum where previous owner stated thats what he had put on. i was told scan9495 was a good one so i think that one. like i said previous sounds like it has a dead hole but there is equal heat in the header tubes at idle is whats throwing me off.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

the car ran damn good when we first got it pulled hard and clean.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kansasws6 For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I find Scan9495 to be the most useful. Plus the author is a member here. Doesn’t come around much, but if you have install and setup problems, I can ask him to help. Did you buy a cable that he recommends? I can review the log for you if needed.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/com...95-lt1-874306/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

well i bought a moates ALDU1 and CABL1 so im hoping it works i will for sure i got under the car and seems like the opti has some moisture or something in it because its got some traces of it under it on the plastic like it leaked out of the seal. i checked all the wires and double checked their routing along with connections and connectors to any sensors i unplugged and sprayed with electrical cleaner. i will know more this weekend when it all gets here. i appreciate the feed back!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

As stated, optis can be hit or miss. You state that it has a new EBAY OPTI, but do u know the actual branz?

Also I know u stated there is no cel, but have u noticed If the cel lights up or blinks upon key on? Just to confirm that the bulb is still functioning?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

In that case if you have moisture make sure there aren't any leaks around the water pump. One common way for an opti to fail is the water pump/seal going out and leaking directly on the opti.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast