Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Haggard-hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    Car did pretty well and feels a billion times more composed. Was too lazy to break the tires in beforehand which is why my earlier runs are pretty hairy. Gripped really well by the end though, gotta work on the driver mod lol.

I just looked at the results. Why don't you run CAM-T instead of STU???

Also saw that Eric Simmons was there. He's ridicously fast and came in 3rd out of 3 so yeah, you could say there were some fast guys there lol.

I race in PA occasionally but I'm more towards the western end, although I've done an event In the central PA region last year. Mostly I do the UMI events at their track in Clearfield. Lots of runs and you don't have to work the course!

What tires are you running?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    You can have my AGM battery if you can get it to work for you. The chargers I have and methods tried couldn't turn it around.
    Cool, I'd def be interested in resuscitating it if it'll drop a decent amount of weight. I think the current Interstate is about 32lb.

I removed and weighed some parts...
    Rear seat back - 17lb
    Pass seat (leather/lumbar) - 42lb
    Power antenna - 2lb
    Monsoon hatch speakers - 3lb per side

I wanna hit the junkyard and grab a cloth, manual Camaro seat for the passenger side along with some 3rd gen seat rails (allegedly lighter). I'm debating considering a few budget Procar seats (Pro-sport, Drifter, Sportsman). Leaning towards the Drifter because it has way more bolstering than the Sportsman being a fixed back, but the sides aren't insanely tall like the Pro-sport so getting in/out of the car won't be as big of a PITA in parking lots.
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    I just looked at the results. Why don't you run CAM-T instead of STU???

Also saw that Eric Simmons was there. He's ridicously fast and came in 3rd out of 3 so yeah, you could say there were some fast guys there lol.

I race in PA occasionally but I'm more towards the western end, although I've done an event In the central PA region last year. Mostly I do the UMI events at their track in Clearfield. Lots of runs and you don't have to work the course!

What tires are you running?
    Truth be told, I didn't run CAMT/C because I heard it compared to the special olympics for slow american cars lmao. I'll just suck it up and run T next time. Not really hung up on class because my ultimate goal is to use the car for track nights and get away from chasing cones in the sun all day, but I need some more seat time first.

I'll have to up my AAA coverage (or befriend someone with a real tow rig) and check out UMI's course, that sounds nice. My friend with a blown 350z who now lives in Pitt might be interested, although he generally does big boy events at the race complex and offered a place to stay if I wanted to run there.

I'm currently running 200tw Federal RS-Pro's which are the successor to the RS-RR. I got a smokin deal on them (new set for $400), although the date codes are a few years old and they were stored in a cold warehouse for a while. I'll probably go with something sub-200tw next year like a NT01 or RA1.

Truth be told, I didn't run CAMT/C because I heard it compared to the special olympics for slow american cars lmao. I'll just suck it up and run T next time. Not really hung up on class because my ultimate goal is to use the car for track nights and get away from chasing cones in the sun all day, but I need some more seat time first.

I'll have to up my AAA coverage (or befriend someone with a real tow rig) and check out UMI's course, that sounds nice. My friend with a blown 350z who now lives in Pitt might be interested, although he generally does big boy events at the race complex and offered a place to stay if I wanted to run there.

I'm currently running 200tw Federal RS-Pro's which are the successor to the RS-RR. I got a smokin deal on them (new set for $400), although the date codes are a few years old and they were stored in a cold warehouse for a while. I'll probably go with something sub-200tw next year like a NT01 or RA1.

CAM = special olympics? I've never heard that. It got a bad rap at first because at the National events the guys running AS with their C6 Z06's were faster than the guys in CAM-S running unlimited modded C6 Z06's, but that has all changed in the recent years.

I've raced the past few weekends in Ohio with the Akron Sports Car Club. I was 3rd in PAX at both events out of 137 and 105 cars. CAM cars raw timed the whole field at both events.

I would stick with a tw200 tire which will open up your class choices. I run the RT660, the past few years I was running RE-71's.

Here's a run from last weekend. I tagged the very last cone at the finish. Would have bumped me up to 2nd in PAX, and out of first by 3-tenths.

'94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joelster For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Cool, I'd def be interested in resuscitating it if it'll drop a decent amount of weight. I think the current Interstate is about 32lb.

I removed and weighed some parts...
    Rear seat back - 17lb
    Pass seat (leather/lumbar) - 42lb
    Power antenna - 2lb
    Monsoon hatch speakers - 3lb per side

I wanna hit the junkyard and grab a cloth, manual Camaro seat for the passenger side along with some 3rd gen seat rails (allegedly lighter). I'm debating considering a few budget Procar seats (Pro-sport, Drifter, Sportsman). Leaning towards the Drifter because it has way more bolstering than the Sportsman being a fixed back, but the sides aren't insanely tall like the Pro-sport so getting in/out of the car won't be as big of a PITA in parking lots.
    i have a cloth manuel firebird passenger seat if you want it

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    CAM = special olympics? I've never heard that. It got a bad rap at first because at the National events the guys running AS with their C6 Z06's were faster than the guys in CAM-S running unlimited modded C6 Z06's, but that has all changed in the recent years.

I've raced the past few weekends in Ohio with the Akron Sports Car Club. I was 3rd in PAX at both events out of 137 and 105 cars. CAM cars raw timed the whole field at both events.

I would stick with a tw200 tire which will open up your class choices. I run the RT660, the past few years I was running RE-71's.

Here's a run from last weekend. I tagged the very last cone at the finish. Would have bumped me up to 2nd in PAX, and out of first by 3-tenths.

The comment I heard about CAM was mostly in jest. They seemed a little salty that the CAM class rules were extremely relaxed when it comes to modifications, unlike the others where unbolting your backseat immediately throws you into SM. Anyway, I was never super interested in being very competitive at these events because it gets very expensive very quick and some of these drivers seem superhuman.

I'll have to do some research on the RT660 now that the RE's are discontinued. They seem like a nice middle ground between the Federals and RE's price wise.

Nice driving! And that course looks great, lots of open space. I'm always afraid of nailing a light pole or some other obstacle with how congested the courses are around here.

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    i have a cloth manuel firebird passenger seat if you want it

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I may take you up on that. But a friend just offered to sell me some Corbeau CR1's in red for a steal, so all goes well and I'll have hotboi seats that are too nice for this car. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Ordered some more junk to try to shut my power steering up.

Cooler I'll mount right in front of the rad: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-13224
    Underdrive pulley set (27% underdrive crank, 13% overdrive alt): https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mch-4485
    Redline PS fluid

Hopefully I don't have to buy a pump.

Older cars tend to be more expensive to run because tons of the stock parts need upgrading to handle the stresses high-g cornering and massive transitions put on them. Newer cars in CAMC basically just need a set of tires to be competitive. The big enemy for my car is the weight. Theres no easy way to cut weight out of it. Modification wise my car is pretty much a day 2 car. A few bolt ons, an alignment,, and good tires. My friend has a nasty Monte Carlo SS and its been a money pit trying to get it competitive. He has an easy $15k in parts into it. Wheels and tires cost him around $5k. Still more fun than drag racing though lol.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joelster For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Thanks @harner for the agm battery. If I can't get it to start my car, I'll probably chuck it in the ocean or something.

Also, I picked the pair of Corbeau's from my friend as it was too good of a deal to pass up. Here's the passenger side:

176409633_756777141870314_2877214185728991128_n.jpg

Some weights from the postal scale...
    Seat = 28lb
    Slider track = 5lb
    Corbeau adapter bracket (for a Honda Del Sol) = 5.5lb
    Total weight = 38.5lb (yikes)

I'm assuming Corbeau's seat brackets for a 4th gen are going to be just as heavy, so I'll fabricate my own out of some 6061 stock I have laying around (perks of owning a mill). I'll also omit the passenger side slider and hard mount it to the floor in the interest of weight. I'm guessing it'll be a savings of ~25lb overall and will buy me an inch or two of headroom which will be nice since my helmet hardly clears.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I have a Corbeau Forza I bought new 20 years ago. It weighed about 17#, and the Corbeau slider and mounting bracket weighed 10#. The Corbeau website lists the current Forza design at 19#.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast