Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

It may be that the cable is presenting a greater load than the Actron normally. Personally I would use an O-scope to view the signals for amplitude, but I am pretty sure you have no access to one of those. One thing to try is to put a 1k Ohm resistor from the data pin M to +12v and try again. If no good, try putting the resistor to ground instead of 12v. Not sure what else to tell you. I could probably figure it out if I were there.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    scott
    Vehicle
    1997 ws6 trans am

not to high jack a post but these are damn near the exact same symptoms im having on my wifes trans am... post "lt1 is killing me" my fuel trims both LT and ST are 128 but pulse width is p/w-ms of 4.39 and 4.29 and am running the scan9495 software also have files if they would help...about the same mods on cars also so we may be battling a common problem

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ted
    Vehicle
    1989 Camaro

Fully intended to follow up with this thread. I ended up taking the car to a shop in Pa (JS Performance) who has a ton of experience with these cars. Just got it back this weekend. The MAF I had in the car is a newer delco unit (plastic) but its poorly built in how the air flows compared to the factory metal ones. It was giving whacky readings. Also the throttle body main assembly that works the blades was loose and worn, which was changing TPS counts just idling. Both of these issues were causing the computer to compensate false readings. Threw a BBK unit on with a good original delco MAF and the car has been great, I put a bit over 100 miles on it so far.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teds89iroc For This Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123