Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default CPT and American Powerhouse Sponsorship, and more importantly, Frank Cahall

Everyone,

It is with heavy hearts that this post is being made. As of Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019, Frank Cahall of Cahall Performance Transmissions, has passed away. Frank is survived by his wife Gail C. Cahall who is also a sponsor via American Powerhouse here.

Frank has been an outstanding member of our community for years. Back in my early days of administration on a forum via SpeedDensity.org back in the early to mid 2000's, Frank was an active and super helpful member by the name of 12SCNDZ. He was a wonderful help to the community with both his knowledge and his overall helpful nature as a person, and his purple pearl metallic 93 Z28 couldn't be missed. Frank and I lost touch for a few years but one day as I was selling line locks, an order came in (this was in the 2010 timeframe) and I instantly recognized the name and Frank and I took up like we'd never lost touch. Fast forward a few years and we had LTxTech up and running, and Frank was an eager and READILY accepted sponsor and addition to the community. Some people were trying to drag Franks name and reputation through the mud but we saw through the BS and made the right choice. Frank was family here. Frank will ALWAYS be family here, as will Gail.

Our community has lost one of the good ones. Frank was always willing to give everything he could to help. He was the kind of soul that would give the shirt off his back if that's all he had. He will always be remembered for his nature and willingness to help, even though he had a business to run. That's why he had his reputation. Because it wasn't all business. Sometimes it was about the people or person, and Frank got that. It was more than business, it was about human nature, and the good, in him.

Frank, our brother, you will be missed dearly. Not only for your positive influence and knowledge, but your disdain for the 4L80e will also live on in us. You built the 4L60E's and 700R4's like none other, and we are going to sorely miss your expertise. But more importantly, we will miss your influence as a person, your friendship, and your existence within our community. Gail......words cannot express our heartfelt sorrow for your loss. You and Frank shared a special connection. His love for you was unparalleled and he made it known. Your loss in your world is earth shattering and a difficult thing to move on from. But know that our community is here for your every step of the way, and you can reach out to any of us at any point for anything.

From this point forward, the banner of CPT will ALWAYS remain in rotation on the LTxTech website for as long as we are online. Frank and CPT was an integral part of this community and we will not let him be forgotten. His banner, and a special note, will remain in the rotation and never be taken down as out tribute to one of the greats of our community.

From the LTxTech staff, thank you all for your attention and consideration of this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Very well written Fastbird. I had planned to post right behind you, but I'm not sure what more I can say.

You were always there when I needed help.

You never said, NO.

When I needed to borrow your trailer to drive 1600 miles one way, you and Gail did not even hesitate to think about it.

For those that knew you; this is a great loss.

For those that knew who u were; this is a great loss.

And

For those that had no idea who you were; this is a great loss, as they will never have the opportunity to meet you.

We will truly miss you Frank.FB_IMG_1575514157233.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

3.4L to LT1 Swapper

Status
    Name
    Brian Meissen
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro "Red Alert"; 2022 Camaro LT1 RS

RIP Frank.

- Brian Meissen -
    "Magic Man" - LTxTech
    Owner - Michigan FBody Association

1994 Chevrolet Camaro "Red Alert" [ LT1 Transplant ]
    2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 RS "Cherry Bomb 6.2"

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meissen For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

So sad to hear this and still cannot believe it is true. Frank was a good friend of mine and I knew him since the early 2000's when we met at the eastern F-body shootouts at MIR. I loved calling him up to shoot the breeze. I am glad that he got to see the Vette get into the 10's. RIP Frank.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nostang 96z For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Raymond & Chris
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Never met frank but we talked MANY MANY times about my pos "built" trans! He always had time and never refused to answer all my stupid retarded questions! Rest in peace my friend!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redrum For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Man. You guys said it best.

I am bad with words so i apologize in advance.

I was trying to learn everything i could about these cars, but had no clue about the trans. I saw Alex's Impala, and thats how I found Frank. We took osies trans to him when we did the heads cam build. We spoke at length about stall speed and why these 4l60e's are glass. Spent some time in the shop showing us the what and why. From that day forward, we gained a friend.

He did a trans for my daily driver silverado 1500. Ill never forget him asking me, "on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard do you want it to shift?" "well man, my kids are young and they are the primary passengers so 5" "OH OK, no problem!" My kids now have necks like linebackers from the shift firmness!"

That daily driver build trans has over 120k miles of ABUSE in a silverado 1500. @Ltconvert can attest to it. NO ISSUES.

I had him build a Pro Race for SSlowBoat. He stood there at dyno day and knew I was running an obd2 trans on an obd1 computer. I blew the pump out because i forgot to shim the converter after beating it on the dyno (60 miles later). He still warrantied it and fixed it in 3 days, converting it to obd1 valvebody, saving my ass.

Frank helped keep me levelheaded thru my divorce, always talking whenever i needed someone to rant to.

He always helped whoever needed him, as much as he could. His knowledge of these transmissions and cars seemed endless.

I as will the rest of us, miss him dearly. Gail, you are in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    Man. You guys said it best.

I am bad with words so i apologize in advance.

I was trying to learn everything i could about these cars, but had no clue about the trans. I saw Alex's Impala, and thats how I found Frank. We took osies trans to him when we did the heads cam build. We spoke at length about stall speed and why these 4l60e's are glass. Spent some time in the shop showing us the what and why. From that day forward, we gained a friend.

He did a trans for my daily driver silverado 1500. Ill never forget him asking me, "on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard do you want it to shift?" "well man, my kids are young and they are the primary passengers so 5" "OH OK, no problem!" My kids now have necks like linebackers from the shift firmness!"

That daily driver build trans has over 120k miles of ABUSE in a silverado 1500. @Ltconvert can attest to it. NO ISSUES.

I had him build a Pro Race for SSlowBoat. He stood there at dyno day and knew I was running an obd2 trans on an obd1 computer. I blew the pump out because i forgot to shim the converter after beating it on the dyno (60 miles later). He still warrantied it and fixed it in 3 days, converting it to obd1 valvebody, saving my ass.

Frank helped keep me levelheaded thru my divorce, always talking whenever i needed someone to rant to.

He always helped whoever needed him, as much as he could. His knowledge of these transmissions and cars seemed endless.

I as will the rest of us, miss him dearly. Gail, you are in my prayers.

Well said Shaun...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

The time that I got to know Dank thru several phone conversation he was about people and he had compassion for building the best transmission possable. That testimony can be seen in many vehicles that Frank put his magic touch in the transmission they use. The memory that sticks out in my mind was when I reached out to Frank looking for knowledge about torque converter for my new combination. Frank spoke to me for several hours on the fundamentals of the automatic transmission ( 4L60E) and torque converters. He recommended a Pro torque converter. I wanted to purchase one of there newest modles. Frank recommended a modle that would work great for my application instead of selling me something that was unnecessary. He will dearly be missed.

Gail my heat breaks for you for your loss. We are hear for you as a. LTX Community and extended family during these difficult time.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camaro96 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

I am holding back tears as I post this. My 4L60e is currently in his shop and was getting a Pro Race build Thanksgiving week. It may possibly be his last build. I've been busy dropping my engine & tranny to do the swap and saw this post this morning. Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning I placed a call to Frank's phone and thought it was odd that they went straight to voicemail each time.

Rest in peace Frank...and Gail, I meant it when I told you I'm in no hurry to get my tranny back to Texas. I'll wait to hear from you. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
    '94 Z28 Red, SLP Ultra Z hood/air box/spoiler, LT1 w/deletions & mods, 4L60e Pro Race build by​ CPT, Pacesetter LTs with stainless Speed Engineering LS1 True Duals, LS1 front brakes, Kenny Brown Double Diamond SFCs.
    '94 Z28 Arctic White, T-tops, retired.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardent_Z28 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent_Z28 View Post
    I am holding back tears as I post this. My 4L60e is currently in his shop and was getting a Pro Race build Thanksgiving week. It may possibly be his last build. I've been busy dropping my engine & tranny to do the swap and saw this post this morning. Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning I placed a call to Frank's phone and thought it was odd that they went straight to voicemail each time.

Rest in peace Frank...and Gail, I meant it when I told you I'm in no hurry to get my tranny back to Texas. I'll wait to hear from you. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
    The shop will continue on per Gail.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast