Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

LTX Member

Status

Default Fuel Filter Upgrade

Hi all, I'm in the process of re-running my fuel lines on my '93 (after 26 years, it's time). I'm planning on running braided lines all the way from the tank to the rails, but I'm a little bit stuck at the fuel filter. I'd rather not buy the adapters needed to keep the stock fuel filter. Anyone have any guidance as to what I'm looking for in an inline -AN fitting filter? I'm not sure what mesh is too much or too little. Anyone have good luck with a particular model?

Thanks!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I have all braided S/S lines with a -6AN supply line. The -6AN supply has no problem supporting the 800 HP nitrous engine, although I run the system at 4bar (58 PSI). The filter is an SX Performance Model 41002 billet filter, -AN inlet and outlet (with screw in fittings), replaceable 10-micron filter element. Actually fits in the stock location, similar diameter, but much longer. I think the inlet and outlet are set up for up to -10AN, but you can screw in a smaller -AN connection.

https://www.amazon.com/SX-Performanc.../dp/B000ECFSBU

I'll see if I can find a pic.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images

On my car I decided to not risk 6an being too small and just went with 8an to be safe.

This is the filter I run.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-230116
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Member

Status

Awesome, thanks guys! Just what I was looking for.