Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

Default WTB- Water Pump Drive

Hey All,

Im looking at another failed water pump drive seal- slowly weeping oil on my opti- before i go back in i would like to have a replacement drive, or parts, available.

Anyone have a water pump drive laying around they would part with?

if not, does anyone know what the shaft diameter is for a speedi sleeve (hopefully) and what the bearing size is on the back end. Figure if i can get a good drive unit i can at least have the parts to replace if it wobbles and is grooved. I cant remember the condition the last time i was in there.

Im in 60561

Thanks!

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

I have a spare water pump drive gear if ya are still needing one. LMK.
    '94 Z28 Red, SLP Ultra Z hood/air box/spoiler, LT1 w/deletions & mods, 4L60e Pro Race build by​ CPT, Pacesetter LTs with stainless Speed Engineering LS1 True Duals, LS1 front brakes, Kenny Brown Double Diamond SFCs.
    '94 Z28 Arctic White, T-tops, retired.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

PM-ed!

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28
    '94 Z28 Red, SLP Ultra Z hood/air box/spoiler, LT1 w/deletions & mods, 4L60e Pro Race build by​ CPT, Pacesetter LTs with stainless Speed Engineering LS1 True Duals, LS1 front brakes, Kenny Brown Double Diamond SFCs.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

Thanks Ardent- looking at the area where the seal will ride, is that a groove? I know these PTFE seal lips can wear into the steel pretty quickly.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

I believe you're right...I have a rebuild book showing that gear with the same view and no groove present. I have 2 of these so I'll clean up the other one and check it out & get back to ya. Good eye ya got there.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent_Z28 View Post
    I believe you're right...I have a rebuild book showing that gear with the same view and no groove present. I have 2 of these so I'll clean up the other one and check it out & get back to ya. Good eye ya got there.
    Ha- i have the same problem with mine right now, biggest reason why im looking to replace it. they can be repaired, by someone with skills i dont have, but at a steep cost.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

It turns out both of my parts have the groove etched into them. Since the gasket on the front cover of the LT1 engine is already a source of frustrating oil leaks, I'm gonna opt out of selling them. I bought a tool from a member to use to install the gasket to where it protrudes forward, but I may never get to use it since I went to an electric water pump. The engine in my red Z28 was meticulously rebuilt by the previous owner and his friend...a GM certified mechanic employed at a dealership. They may have installed it properly, but as mileage accumulated after the rebuild it may have folded under and caused the groove to be etched into the shaft.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

Thanks Ardent.

If you are going to sit on them I'd be willing to pay for the shipping for one. I want to try to see if I can clean up the groove.

Otherwise I'm still searching!

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

Alright then...PM'd ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast