Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Threaded View

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Danno
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

Default 96 Formula Running Very Rich

I am having a problem with the car running very rich. I am getting P0152 and P0132 o2 Circuit voltage high codes. When I look at the live data while it is running, both o2 sensors are switching between .800-.990 volts. fuel trims for both sensors are also showing 0. I went through the factory diagnostic chart for the codes, and One of the suggestions in the factory manual was to unplug the MAF and then check the readings again.

When I unplugged the MAF while the car is running the passenger side o2 will start switching normally between .1-.8 volts. The drivers side o2, just stays in the .800-.900 range. I also start to get negative fuel trims on the passenger side sensor, and still 0 on the drivers side. I think I have a fouled o2 sensor on the driver's side. I also checked to make sure the MAF was installed the correct direction and it is.

The car came with a jet pwr-flo maf sitting in the back. I swapped that one in to see if I needed to get a new factory one. When I put that one in, it starting doing the same thing, unless the maf was unplugged. Could the MAF wiring or connector is an issue? The one fouled out o2 screwing the whole works up? or something else? I got a new o2 sensor coming for now.
    1996 Firebird Formula (A Working Progress )
    2002 Camaro Z/28 M6 (Sold but not Forgotten!)