Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro z28

Default Strano spring users..

Those using Sam Strano coil springs, are you able to run a Drag wheel setup? Any cons with running drag wheels with these coil springs? I have been thinking about changing my shock/spring setup on my car. Currently I am running QA1 single adjustables on the front with a 210lb spring(i think) and factory rear coils w/hose mod on the rear with QA1 single adjustable shocks. I don't race the car like I used to and I am just looking for a better quality ride than what I have now. I just drive the car on the streets, maybe catch a street race from time to time, but thats about it. Suggestions?? Yes, I will be selling my current setup in the future.
    94' Z -383 LTx, AI TFS 215cc heads/C/I
    S60 rear
    Stepped Hedman Hustlers an a Monoblade TB

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

210 lb/In sounds low for the fronts. With the QA1 adjustable coil over system, they offer 275, 300 and 325. I have the 275's on my 94, but that goes way back to a recommendation from Thunder Racing.

In the back, anecdotal evidence - when George Baxter decided to take his 30th SS convertible in the low 8's (383 Gen 1 SBC Vortech S/C), I was the "suspension guy".... and it was way out of my league. I told him to take it to Steve Spohn's shop. Steve recommended STOCK rear springs, and I believe even Madman confirmed this. Since George was running Eibach Drag Launch springs in the back, we swapped. I gave him my stock 94 coupe springs for the back of his SS, and I took his Eibachs for my car. His 30th SS routinely cut 1.2X 60's. I think he could have launched harder, but I think he feared a serious wheelstand.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 08-06-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro z28

Yes. you're correct Fred, it's the 300lb springs in front. It shows, how long I've had them, lol. I do remember Baxter's car, and that was a nasty setup. You're not the first person to recommend the factory rear coils, but that's good to know.
    94' Z -383 LTx, AI TFS 215cc heads/C/I
    S60 rear
    Stepped Hedman Hustlers an a Monoblade TB