Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: Smoke test

Default Smoke test

I want to make a smoke tester to test for any leaks in my piping, only thing is the couplers I need to put over the turbo inlet cost $40.00 at the parts store, is there anything that cost less that I can use, It will probably only be used once so I hate to spend like $75.00 for a one time use, let me know of any ideas, Thanks

I used rubber pipe ends from home depot, worked for pressure testing my hot side

https://www.google.com/search?client...LXnKPT5l055KM:
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    I used rubber pipe ends from home depot, worked for pressure testing my hot side

https://www.google.com/search?client...LXnKPT5l055KM:

I presume from the plumbing dept

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Any plumbing shop/warehouse store that sells Fernco rubber pipe couplings. Their 3” coupler (about $6, including SS clamps) is a popular replacement for the WS6 corrugated rubber bellows that connects the MAF to the throttle body. Usually find the couplings near the plastic pipe.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Any plumbing shop/warehouse store that sells Fernco rubber pipe couplings. Their 3” coupler (about $6, including SS clamps) is a popular replacement for the WS6 corrugated rubber bellows that connects the MAF to the throttle body. Usually find the couplings near the plastic pipe.
    Yup.

I attached a air line quick connect to mine so I can pressurize my hot side and cold side for leak checks.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

thanks to all