Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

So I Replaced my ignitikn switch last night hooked up the scanner today Nd my quad driver 2 reads ok now on my 93 z . . Would that be a reason for my shutoff? There hasnt been a hot day so wont be able to tell if problem is gone yet.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Apparently you don’t believe me when I tell you there is no “quad driver”.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uyepz28 View Post
    So I Replaced my ignitikn switch last night hooked up the scanner today Nd my quad driver 2 reads ok now on my 93 z . . Would that be a reason for my shutoff? There hasnt been a hot day so wont be able to tell if problem is gone yet.
    What year is the car? A 93 Or a 95?

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The pcm is a 95. Has obd 2 plug but is obd 1 . Hard to find what pins to jump to get the flash codes .
    ^^^^^^^

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

" Nd my quad driver 2 reads ok now on my 93 z " I'm confused. I now remember reading that. But. What is really going on? Maybe hes got a 95 z. I'll go back quiet.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

Sorry about the confusion my mistake on the 93 95 thing was i was buying it when i was told it was a 95 . When i finally met the guy it turned out to be a 93 . So now i think im pretty close to solving the problem though.

The car stuttered on me today while coming to a stop . I didnt shut it off when i got to the driveway hooked up the obd one and low res code popped out. Now i have 2 codes to work on but quad driver 2 is ok now .

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Sorry about the confusion my mistake on the 93 95 thing was i was buying it when i was told it was a 95 . When i finally met the guy it turned out to be a 93 . So now i think im pretty close to solving the problem though.

The car stuttered on me today while coming to a stop . I didnt shut it off when i got to the driveway hooked up the obd one and low res code popped out. Now i have 2 codes to work on but quad driver 2 is ok now .
    Are you serious? The FIRST question I asked you, in response to your FIRST post was “What year is the PCM.” You said it was a 95 and went into the explanation about how it has an OBD-2 plug, but the PCM is OBD-1. And at no time over the 6 weeks I've been helping you, pointing out the differences between the 93 and the 94/95 computers, you never bothered to tell me you discovered it’s a 93? SMH

Good luck.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

Sorry man. .my apologies. Ill try to figure it out myself now but you been a great help . Thank you . Happy holidays. And Ill still keep you guys updated as i throw parts into it untill the issue goes away.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

Cool So i think i figured it out was my opti and opti harness that were taking a shit. Thanks for all the help Guys.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345