Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

You can’t flash the codes on a 95 by shorting the DLC pins. 1993 was the last year that worked. You need an OBD-1 scanner. Connect using the correct 12-pin —> 16-pin adapter, or jumper the pins from the DLC connector to the scanner connector:

http://shbox.com/1/xraycable.jpg

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

You think this would work For the codes ? I dont wanna short something out though . .

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

GaryDoug' s. Scan9495 works great. No short pin.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uyepz28 View Post
    The pcm is a 95. Has obd 2 plug but is obd 1 . Hard to find what pins to jump to get the flash codes .
    You cant flash codes on an obd1 lt1 to my knowledge
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    LDM
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Uyepz28 View Post
    The pcm is a 95. Has obd 2 plug but is obd 1 . Hard to find what pins to jump to get the flash codes .
    You cannot jump pins on your car to flash codes. It does not work on the LT1 PCM. You either have to use a scanner that can read OBD1 with the OBD2 style port or software like Scan9495 on a laptop (with an ALDL interface cable).

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

But you can program your key fob.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

LTX Master

Status

Sorry for the late reply, wasn't able to acces the site for some reason. I haven't been able to say for sure if its fixed, however, I did go under it and repaired 2 ground wires. Small one from the starter looked almost as if a squirrel had nibbled on it a little. The large wire from either the battery or alternator to the block was fraying a bit so I replaced it. No issues since, but I haven't had it on a long enough trip to be 100% sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    MATT

95 Z28 - Forged 383 LT1, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E w/3200 stall, Pacesetter LT's & ORY with a stockish exhaust (E-cutout soon to come!)

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

Nice I havent had much time to work on it but will definitely start there . I ended up buying the Bosch 1300 scanner. Just havent been able to diagnose while the problem happens . But i do have a Quad Driver 2 Bad that shows up from startup to shutdown any ideas what this does?

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Is the code DTC 27? That was the Quad Driver #2 code up until 1993. After that, it's for the EGR vacuum solenoid.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Ulises
    Vehicle
    Yepez

Could that be the cause for my shutoff problem.? I also noticed that the voltage starts dropping as the car gets to normL temp once the voltage drops to a little under half thats when it starts acting up .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast