Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pr0jekt Turb0?

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyweather View Post
    Does the IAC show vlotage change? I know a bad one won't change. Seen them stuck open just Abit.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk
    Even on this note, I had a datalog show voltage change on an IAC that was stuck open. I thought the IAC was good until I finally took apart the car. This was causing fuel to load up and a hard time idling. I actually drilled the IAC hole larger before actually checking the IAC like a dummy.
    -Ryan
    93 Z28 M28

Mod List

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Yeah. Seen that too. Well hopefully you'll Square it away.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The IAC value you see in the PCM is how many “steps” it is telling the IAC to open. 0 = closed; 156 = fully open. 20-40 counts at idle is “normal”. There is no feedback as to the actual position of the IAC pintle. And there is no voltage reading in any scans I have ever reviewed. You can test the IAC motor per Shoebox’s instructions:

http://shbox.com/1/iac2.jpg

When you hold the accel pedal to the floor before cranking, it puts the PCM in “clear flood” mode. If the ECT sensor is correct as you indicate, you appear to have something flooding the engine. When you tested the fuel pressure, did you let the pump prime without trying to start the engine? If so, when the pump shut down (hopefully at 40 PSI or above) how fast did the pressure bleed down?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Well IMD that's what I meant. Does it change? It's been a bit since I trouble shot one. I've got old timers. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by Stormyweather; 05-28-2019 at 02:31 PM.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Sorry about that. I was just trying to help.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

What about me being oder then dirt?

Older then.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Your a great asset Mr.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Danno
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

I will check the fuel pressure again when I get home tonight. unfortunately, I don't have a scanner that shows IAC counts, I will test the IAC motor . I noticed that it had colder plugs in it. The plugs that were in it have a heat range of two. The plug listing for the same type of plug is a heat range of four. I don't know if that makes a big difference or not. After pondering some more, I may have flooded the engine myself. When it wouldn't start, we did a lot of cranking when we were checking the different parts of the ignition system. So much that we pretty much ran the battery all the way down.
    1996 Firebird Formula (A Working Progress )
    2002 Camaro Z/28 M6 (Sold but not Forgotten!)

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Might want to just pull the IAC and carb cleaner/scrub it clean good. Can't hurt, and may fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Danno
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

I checked my fuel pressure. It went to 42 psi when the key was turned on. I let the gauge sit for about 1/2 hour and it only bleed down to 39-38psi. I then pulled the IAC motor. The pentle was retracted all the way and I got 49 ohms on both coils of the IAC. The IAC passage was pretty clean, as well as the sensor. I compression checked the engine. Lowest cylinder was 165 psi and the highest was 185 psi. I then checked the ect on the scanner again. It was at 41 degrees. I pulled the plug off the ECT and there was corrosion in it. I cleaned the contacts, and it now reads 66 degrees, about the same as the garage. I was mistakenly looking at the intake air temp sensor last time. I don't know if this is a clue for not, I noticed that when I was doing the compression check the tac would read about 300-400 rpm while cranking, then it would erratically jump around for about a 1/2 sec, then read normally again.
    Last edited by Seawolf18; 05-29-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    1996 Firebird Formula (A Working Progress )
    2002 Camaro Z/28 M6 (Sold but not Forgotten!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast