Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Danno
    Vehicle
    1996 Firebird Formula

Default 96 Formula Throwing P0154 Code

I Picked up a 96 Formula 6-speed for cheap. The car has headers, cam, and ported heads. The downside is that it has issues. I am getting a P0154 code . The P0154 (Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 No Activity) about has me at my wits end. I replaced both 02 Sensors with NTK ones, since the ones in it were in there for who knows how long.

After I replaced the sensors, both 02 Sensors were switching like they should on the scan tool. Now I have P0154 back again. The drivers side sensor sits at .2 volts with the Key on Engine Off. The passenger side just reads a steady .445 reference voltage. I pulled up all the wiring for the passenger side sensor. Some one did a home made wire extension by chopping the engine harness and soldering in extra wire.

The soldering job was not very good, so I redid it. I then tested the wires With the key on I get 12 volts on the pink wire, .8 volts on the tan low signal wire, and 1.5 volts on the Purple High signal wire. I checked the ground wire in the plug and get a resistance of .1 ohms, so the ground is good. I plugged the sensor back in and still only got reference voltage on the scanner.

I then pulled the PCM and and checked continuity between pins 7 & 8 on the clear connector and the purple and tan wires on the sensor connector. continuity was good with a .4 Ohm resistance on both wires. I plugged the sensor back in, and still only get reference voltage. Could the sensor already be bad? Could it be a PCM issue? Thanks.
    1996 Firebird Formula (A Working Progress )
    2002 Camaro Z/28 M6 (Sold but not Forgotten!)