Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula
    Location
    magnolia, DE
    Posts
    324

    Default My OCD has officially taken over my life

    Over the past couple of years I have been able to find 2 full sets of Speedlines on CL.
    When I picked them up I would barely consider their condition driver quality, I figured I would just clean them up and throw a set on my car and either just hold on to the other set or try and resell them.
    With the weather finally breaking I started cleaning up the second set I bought which I am going to put on my car. Well I think I may have gone a little too far.
    I have polished the inside barrel of the first one I started working on. The inside of the wheel now looks way better than the face of the wheel. A lot of time spent on something that probably no one will even notice.
    One down 3 more to go.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

  2. #2
    LTXTech Sponsor


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Location
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Now it's time to install IGL Wheel

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


    383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to spikester7878 For This Post:


  4. #3
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro Z28
    Location
    Atoka,TN
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 95 blackbird View Post
    Over the past couple of years I have been able to find 2 full sets of Speedlines on CL.
    When I picked them up I would barely consider their condition driver quality, I figured I would just clean them up and throw a set on my car and either just hold on to the other set or try and resell them.
    With the weather finally breaking I started cleaning up the second set I bought which I am going to put on my car. Well I think I may have gone a little too far.
    I have polished the inside barrel of the first one I started working on. The inside of the wheel now looks way better than the face of the wheel. A lot of time spent on something that probably no one will even notice.
    One down 3 more to go.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    I admire guys like you who will take time on the details....I on the other hand, am entirely too lazy to do it. It looks great!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

  5. #4
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula
    Location
    magnolia, DE
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    I admire guys like you who will take time on the details....I on the other hand, am entirely too lazy to do it. It looks great!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, they turned out really good. Wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, definitely time consuming tho. Pics don't do them justice.
    I have something different planned for these wheels, some may not like it but I'm going to give it a shot and see how one turns out then go from there.
    Don't worry it does not involve plasti dip.
    I will be adding pics as I go including before and after pics, especially of the face of them. They were kinda abused but I had them checked at a tire shop to make sure they weren't bent right after I bought them.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to 95 blackbird For This Post:


  7. #5
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula
    Location
    magnolia, DE
    Posts
    324

    Default

    This is pretty much what all 4 of them looked like before I started.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

  8. #6
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula
    Location
    magnolia, DE
    Posts
    324

    Default

    When I bought this set they had tires on them.
    Thought about doing a couple burnouts and just burning them down. Just because.
    But luckily I didn't. This is what happened when the tire shop went to dismount them.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

  9. #7
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula
    Location
    magnolia, DE
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Got a really nice price on these off of CL last summer.
    Nitto NT05. 275 40 17. Putting these on the front. For the rear I'm buying a new set of the NT05R drag radial. Going for the 315 35 17.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

  10. #8
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro Z28
    Location
    Atoka,TN
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 95 blackbird View Post
    When I bought this set they had tires on them.
    Thought about doing a couple burnouts and just burning them down. Just because.
    But luckily I didn't. This is what happened when the tire shop went to dismount them.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    Damn!! Those were shot! I bet it scared the shit out of the tire tech!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

  11. #9
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula
    Location
    magnolia, DE
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    Damn!! Those were shot! I bet it scared the shit out of the tire tech!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    He's a friend of mine, he said its not the first time he has seen this.
    He just laughed a said I hope you didn't pay more because there were tires on them.

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

  12. #10
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula
    Location
    magnolia, DE
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Got all the curb rash and nicks cleaned up.

    Just 1 more step to go.......

    Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •