Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    John
    Vehicle
    1995 trans am

Default E85 with boost??????

So I’m not up to speed on e85 other then it’s good for boost. In ca we only have 91 would e85 be better?
    95 ta vortech 8lb 60 lb injectors, warbro pump, wide band and turner catts so I can make changes. At wot I’m a bit rich to keep it safe with 91 as much at 9.97 -10.3 ish. Part throttle it’s 11.5-12.2 ish idle is 14.5-15.

should I try e85 from what I have quickly read I have what I need to make it work. I personally have no experience and wanted to ask.

i want to be as safe as I cam.

side note just got my yank tc installed😬

Lurker

Status

Yes, E85 is a better fuel than pump gas.... not only is the octane higher, it is a cooler fuel to use when it enters the combustion chamber.... I switched over las summer and have no regrets.... depending on the boost levels your hitting, major changes need to be made to your fuel system... you mention your only at eight pounds, so you should be ok with the injectors you have.... anything more, and you going to cross the line on duty cycle.
    96 Vert 383 forged AFR 210 LT4 Intake CP Pistons T400 Moser 9" Borg Warner S480

If you have no issues currently with IATs and the allowable timing you can run before rattles, leave it alone.

If you are pushing for more, yes, upgrade the fuel system and let her eat.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    If you have no issues currently with IATs and the allowable timing you can run before rattles, leave it alone.

If you are pushing for more, yes, upgrade the fuel system and let her eat.
    ^^This!

I had to upgrade to 80lb sticks, 320/340 pumps, & larger feed line.
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    John
    Vehicle
    1995 trans am

Ok I’ll just let it be for now. Maybe after the heads and cam I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks for the info guys

Ok since I do run e85 and e90 I’ll chime in. First off I have got bad e85 at the pump and I test every can now! Since you live where 91 is your highest octane I would use but it come with a price. You will need a tune and fuel system to match and if You can wire in a flex fuel sensor and your ecu and read that’s best or you will have to make sure your fuel tables are on for each fuel and mixing e85 with gas will be an inbetween guess there’s just too much to list msg me and we can go over it but you will need a tune and enough fuel which your power level I’m sure your fine

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    John
    Vehicle
    1995 trans am

Thanks I appreciate that. I will reach out. Be a bit waiting on heads to come back. Want to get that all set up before I start messing with fuels