Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Paul Edwards
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Honestly I just swapped the entire body harness into the 99 from the 94. I never did wire up the high beams. It wouldn't be hard to do off the 94 harness but never got that far. Yours is going to be a little more complicated being 97 depending on what all parts you have to get running. I'm going to be tempting a 11 ss 6.2 swap into a 11 1lt v6 car here in a few months I'm really not looking forward to that. My build thread use to be more detailed I forget what happened to that but it should help you out a lot. And what it doesn't I can do my best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 95formula383lt1 For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Paul Edwards
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

I skipped all the gas tank and fuel issues by swapping the 94 tank, sending unit and fuel lines lol.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brandon Wimpelberg
    Vehicle
    99 firebird

Yeah i put the tank and the lines from the 97 into the 99 but had to fabricate a vracket for the charcoal canister in the fender and cut some shit under the car near engine bay. I also ran them out a different path in engine bay so the come out just behind where they hook yo intake so they wont be seen for the most part

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brandon Wimpelberg
    Vehicle
    99 firebird

Yeah your thread has already helped alot i veiwed it a ton of times when i girst started but then couldnt find it until you just came back. I readmy ol lady the post where you had to take a break cause you were losing your shit with the wireing and taking it out on the family. She said yeah sounds familiar. She goes i should start a support group site for wives amd girlfriendsgoing through husbands swapping LT1 or LS motors lol

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Paul Edwards
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

Looks like you are on the right track. I'm not a fan of wiring at all. I'm no longer with the girl that I was dating when that car was built. Now I'm married 8 or more years later. Do you have the body harness to the 97 car? If you do that would make it easy. I did the same thing with the fuel lines ran them up the back of the fender and over the booster to the back of the intake. Looked much cleaner.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brandon Wimpelberg
    Vehicle
    99 firebird

I know its been a while ive been dealing with rear dif nightmare sheerd. Bold off then a carbide easyout been fun.but i have a ? Have you ever messed with A.C. system going from v6 to the lt1. What all do i need to swap does the reverse flow of the lt1 cause me to have to swap the heater core cause i have the dash back together and well you know. Lol...

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Paul Edwards
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28

I swapped the entire 94 box into the 99. Dash as well, I kept it simple.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1995 Formula 383/t56 gone
    1993 Camaro Z28, forged, TFS heads, solid roller, prosystems carbed, t56 swapped spec 3+
    "Nitrous is like Tara Reid with an STD. You want to hit it, but your afraid of the consequences"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12