Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

LTX Master

Status

Default 1997 f-body ground distribution

Can anybody help me find a link to the ground distribution points on a '97 f-body. I want to check every ground point on the car. I've seen the ground distribution diagram with every G-XXX point with location descriptions before on-line but I can't seem to find it now. I think the one I saw was from a factory service manual. I have a Haynes and a Chilton manual but neither has it. Can anybody find me a link or scan the page from their manual and post. Please.
    I keep finding repaired wiring in this car like it may have been wrecked at some point or somebody intentionally damaged some of the wiring? I have probably found most of the grounds and repaired any that were questionable but would like to find the hidden ground point locations so I can check them too.
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

http://shbox.com

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

It takes way more than a single page to show every ground on the car. The factory service manual electrical section starts with power distribution, and follows with the details on the ground distribution. Each ground has a number, and there are tables showing where they are located. This is the 1996 factory manual download, and there are few (if any) differences in 97.

Free download courtesy of GaryDoug

https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

Thanks Stormy, The shbox site has been a valuable tool.
    Thanks for the link Injuneer, thats exactly what I needed.
    Thanks and a shout out to Gary Doug for putting his manuals online.
    Thank ya'll,
    Nolan
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

LTX Master

Status

I found the list of all the ground connection points with descriptions of their locations in the '96 manual. They are all listed on page 8A-14-19. This is a good way to check the connections at their source points. If any have been disturbed(like someone may have added a ground for an aftermarket add-on)they could be loose. I'm gonna check every one because of some electrical gremlins that have been showing up intermittantly.
    Injuneer, Thanks again for the link.