Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

• Navigation
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

I just dont know... Im soooo on the fence.

Im also not worried about helmet room although its good info in case i were to visit the track...

LTXtexh.com is my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Bottom line is you have to do what will make you happy. Go and test drive some cars and see what you like. I’m assuming everything you own car wise is paid for so it won’t hurt to leave it sit. As mentioned above, why not have both? You only live life once. This you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post

Im also not worried about helmet room although its good info in case i were to visit the track...

Have your cake and eat it too!

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Like @harner said, go drive a few different things, see what you like and what you dont. im very impressed with many new cars, just have to see if you really like it or not.

youre not the only one who has said this, @Ltconvert has talked about getting rid of everything and just getting a v2 or vette or something. The scene changed, and once cookie cutter jeeps and stock kia's took over trophies at the shows, it killed it for alot of people
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Bobby T.
    Vehicle
    1980 Chevy El Camino

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    Like you stated, anyone can buy a new car. Very few can actually build a car. It’s an art. I love the fact that I can build a car and step back with pride and say “I built that”. I like to be different, the thought of an LS swap crosses my mind every now and then but I want to build that ultimate LT1 car so I can say LS swap not required. I want the be different and hear the LS guys cry when an outdated LT1 beats them. I have majorly of the parts and my car is paid for. Time is my issue but I’ll get there. Definitely don’t want a payment on something I can maybe drive 7-8 months if the weather is nice. Did that with a camper we bought new, making that payment in the winter months sucked!! Most cars of the 90’s were run hard and then sent to the yard for parts. We need people like us to keep them alive.

Amen Brother! LT1, T56, metal work on transmission tunnel currently under way.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Bobby T.
    Vehicle
    1980 Chevy El Camino

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    I have had a newish car with payments for most of my adult life, on top of owning two fbodies. I don't have a garage to regularly store anything in. Both the T/A and IROC have been offroad for roughly 8-10 years, because my priorities always lie with the newer cars with payments.

With new- insurance is more, aftermarket is more.

But, with new, you get the luxuries of big power off the showroom floor plus creature comforts. It all depends how bad you want it. I didn't expect to buy a brand new ZL1, but I can say that I loved the experience. Being the first person to wash the car, give it a ceramic coating myself in my own detail shop, etc - that was an amazing experience. For someone not knowing 6th gens, they may think it's just another Camaro and I couldn't care less what they think. In stock form, it'll absolutely decimate most cars on the road today and I'm a big fan of how it looks and how comfortable it is to drive.

The IROC was a $1200 hacked up bastard of a car, it can stay in the weeds until I'm ready to invest in it. The T/A was $5k that has $15k in parts installed and been living from shop to shop for 6 years. When it's done, it'll be an experience and I am excited about it. But it's still another $5k LS swapped car that might crack 400 whp.

My suggestion is keep the Impala, buy an exotic/new sports car. Pay for winter storage if you don't want to keep it outside, or ask around to see if you know anyone with a spot in their shop. I'm willing to bet in your large circle of friends that someone is willing to give up a spot on their garage floor for you. You probably won't like a C7Z because they're not made for people who are tall (and wide in my case). GTR, CTS-V, ZL1, Demon, Hellcat, Viper, GT350R - this is an EXCITING time to be a car guy. Get out there and at least test drive something.

You can have an in-depth look at my car if it's something you are interested in. There is something to be said about a car making almost 1000whp on a stock fuel system (youtube complete street performance).
    You hit the nail on the head for advice dude. I own a 2001 Tundra, bullet proof with mods for acceleration and towing. It’s also my daily and has Apple CarPlay. My 80 El Camino is doing time in a shop getting metal work and I have to agree. Its great to have best of both worlds. I would not give either up for anything and it’s taken me most of my 46 year life to figure this all out.

I started learning to drive this El Camino at the age of 8 when my dad purchased it brand new. He thought me everything I know about cars and trucks using it as the guinea pig. I am now driving it twice a week and restoring/customizing same as you guys. Never loose that passion, as it makes getting through life easier.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    Bottom line is you have to do what will make you happy. Go and test drive some cars and see what you like. I’m assuming everything you own car wise is paid for so it won’t hurt to leave it sit. As mentioned above, why not have both? You only live life once. This you know.

I cant have both because I only have one side of our 2 car garage, and I just dont trust storage units.

But yeah... i will go drive some stuff, but I already know, I love the GTRs... lol

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

I cant have both because I only have one side of our 2 car garage, and I just dont trust storage units.

But yeah... i will go drive some stuff, but I already know, I love the GTRs... lol

I have worked on about 30 GTRs and work for Induction Performance in Tampa pretty often. I will say the GTR is a great platform if you have verrrry deep pockets

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spikester7878 For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

I've seen a bunch of them pushing around if not more than 1200hp that can comfortably be used as a daily then go kick some ass on the track.

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spikester7878 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Well we had a car show today and since Im a club member I cant enter, but i gotta say, for all the modern muscle cars that were there, I didn't take a second look at them... they were all cookie cutter, even with mods.

But looking at my Impala in the distance and seeing people checking it out even outside of the show floor, reminded me... she is bad ass...

Hopefully once the Camaro motor is in, Im as happy as I was with the old Camaro... knowing that her heart is alive again.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast