Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
Shootout

• Navigation
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    "The Rock"

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28, 1994 Trans Am GT, 1985/1996 Corvette CLONE

If u have FB, take a "walk"with me and see how cookie cutter 90% of the cars are.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1510373340

LTXtexh.com is my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Well we had a car show today and since Im a club member I cant enter, but i gotta say, for all the modern muscle cars that were there, I didn't take a second look at them... they were all cookie cutter, even with mods.

But looking at my Impala in the distance and seeing people checking it out even outside of the show floor, reminded me... she is bad ass...

Hopefully once the Camaro motor is in, Im as happy as I was with the old Camaro... knowing that her heart is alive again.

Now thatís what Iím talking about. Is your car bagged? That thing sits low. Badass! These will always be one of my favorite cars. Maybe because I was a young adult when they came out and I remember Tim Allen having one. The tool man LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    Now thatís what Iím talking about. Is your car bagged? That thing sits low. Badass! These will always be one of my favorite cars. Maybe because I was a young adult when they came out and I remember Tim Allen having one. The tool man LOL!!

Thanks man... nah, its a "static" drop.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

I think you may have answered your own question when you went to the car show yesterday. Sure if you have a new supercar people are going to look at it. But at the end of the day what does it say about you? That you have the money to afford a 6 figure car?
    Whereas if you keep your impala and put your camaro motor in it what does it say about you? I think it says that you still have the money to afford nice stuff but you also have a vision to take something and make it your own, and have the insight to dare to be different, don't care what other people think and break the cookie cutter mold.
    I know when I go to a car show and I see a GTR or a McLaren sure I will look at it But will just move along and think oh just another rich guy. But if I see something like your impala I will go over every inch of it looking to see what's custom, what has been modified, ect and will have a much higher respect for the owner of that vehicle.
    Just my .02 but I think you had an eye opener yesterday.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 95 blackbird For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Brandon++S
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

I couldn't agree more with blackbird. Very well stated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon++S For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 95 blackbird View Post
    I think you may have answered your own question when you went to the car show yesterday. Sure if you have a new supercar people are going to look at it. But at the end of the day what does it say about you? That you have the money to afford a 6 figure car?
    Whereas if you keep your impala and put your camaro motor in it what does it say about you? I think it says that you still have the money to afford nice stuff but you also have a vision to take something and make it your own, and have the insight to dare to be different, don't care what other people think and break the cookie cutter mold.
    I know when I go to a car show and I see a GTR or a McLaren sure I will look at it But will just move along and think oh just another rich guy. But if I see something like your impala I will go over every inch of it looking to see what's custom, what has been modified, ect and will have a much higher respect for the owner of that vehicle.

Well said... and I think ur 100% right.

Thanku

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Bobby T.
    Vehicle
    1980 Chevy El Camino

Quote Originally Posted by 95 blackbird View Post

Mad props, dead on.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 80elkyLT1T56 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Well said... and I think ur 100% right.

Thanku

No problem man, just trying to shed some light. Sometimes when something is right in front of you that's when it is hardest to see.

I know for a fact that if you were to sell off all your stuff you would regret every second of it.

1995 FORMULA M6

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 95 blackbird For This Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234