Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ltcc or delteq

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

Default Ltcc or delteq

Im sure this is a long shot but I'm trying to track down either of these in working condition. Let me know what ya got!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Are you familiar with the history of Delteq? Owner (J.C. Hyde) closed up shop maybe 10 years ago.... like he disappeared from the face of the earth. Website is still there. No responses, no tech help, no spare parts available. There were cars that simply would not run right with the Delteq, and when he was unable to solve the problem, he just admitted some cars would not run right and he had no idea why. He did give those people their money back.

I believe one of the “won't run right” cars was on this site, because I tried to help him. Others have raised problems on CamaroZ28.com where there is still a strong tech support for the LT1.

I bought one of J.C. Hyde's earlier products when he worked for Electromotive. It was the Super Direct Ignition/Opti-Eliminator (SDI/O-E). Totally eliminated the Opti. I did one of the first installs, provided a lot of feedback to Hyde, even drove my Formula to Mannassas, Virginia so he could look at the setup. But as soon as I encountered problem with the engine mysteriously cutting out under heavy load for an instant for no reason at all, he dropped my like a hot rock, refusing to respond to my emails and calls.

I'd think twice before even considering the Delteq.

On the other hand, I've had direct contact with Bob Bailey, while helping people with the LTCC, getting copies of his updated install and troubleshooting guides to post on CamaroZ28.com, and he's a stand-up guy. I have personally seen very few problems with the LTCC in the 20 years I've been on CZ28.com helping people with ignition issues. Much better choice, IMHO.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

Yea I'm familiar with it. I kinda figured no one would have one anymore. I was running one awhile back. I'm also selling the car and not having any luck finding an opti that works well. Ive already replaced it twice in three months

Last edited by spikester7878; 09-30-2018 at 04:50 AM.

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by spikester7878 View Post
    Yea I'm familiar with it. I kinda figured no one would have one anymore. I was running one awhile back. I'm also selling the car and not having any luck finding an opti that works well. Ive already replaced it twice in three months

dude I just sold one lol. a ltcc that is. delteq there is no support for

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

Damn...yea I know delteq isnt a great option but I honestly just need the car running long enough to sell it. I honestly would be surprised if there are any left that haven't been properly destroyed haha

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Both systems require a working optical module in the Opti.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

I know. Im going to end up replacing it again but there is way less stress on the opti if its just using the optical signal. Plus ltcc will make the car a bit easier to sell

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

There still isn't a good opti yet.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyweather View Post
    There still isn't a good opti yet.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk
    Ive had 100% good luck with delco... new or remanned.

LTXtexh.com is my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird

I actually had good luck with delteq for a long long time despite the shady history. It just recently gave me a solid red light while cranking instead of flashing, car won't even start, just backfires, and I have no documents for troubleshooting and can't find them anywhere online lol. Joke's on me for being an early adopter.
    Wish I could find the info, they had a decent troubleshooting procedure.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to v7guy For This Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast