Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye G8

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    I just wish the insides were nicer. I can't get over the interior, it's horrendous to me. The outside is sharp......though it took some time for the 6th gen to grow on me. But nope, can't move past the interior. I can safely say I'll never personally own one.
    You're literally the only person I know that doesn't like the interior of the 6th gen. It is world's better than the 5th gens design, which is somewhat better than the 4th gen design.

The chassis capability is insane on the new cars. The figured out how to get the weight out.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joelster For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

finally got a new front lip as a birthday present from my fiance, the stock one was cracked from the previous owners wife. also picked up Oracle led black side markers and led reverse lights from him (he found them in the trunk of his vette from when he traded he Camaro in).

I am at a crossroads with this car. gm has no fix for the torque converter shudder besides a "new" "revised" fluid for the 3rd time. I could resolve the problem completely with a tune, but I dont want to void the warranty. plus with sales slumping due to the refresh/the carfax in 1 month the value dropped 6 grand.

do I let the dealer do the triple flush again then say fuck it and tune it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

If the dealer is still trying fixes on their dime, thats what i would do.

As for the tune, u said that voids warranty, so to me I wouldnt. At the same time I would also make sure that the tune voids warranty.

For example, my jeep has a modified tune in it to disable the mds. The computer needed to be unlocked so its obvious that a tune modification was done, yet there has been no issues with warranty work.

And i like the splitter. Think it needs the lil adjuster rods, even if just cosmetic ones. Lol.

LTXtech.com is my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    If the dealer is still trying fixes on their dime, thats what i would do.

As for the tune, u said that voids warranty, so to me I wouldnt. At the same time I would also make sure that the tune voids warranty.

For example, my jeep has a modified tune in it to disable the mds. The computer needed to be unlocked so its obvious that a tune modification was done, yet there has been no issues with warranty work.

And i like the splitter. Think it needs the lil adjuster rods, even if just cosmetic ones. Lol.

I didnt want to do splitter rods until I had to. I almost wanted to get the new z28 style spoiler for it but couldnt find a 6th gen with it so I hesitated. this is just a cheap plastic one from fleabay lol in primer

as for tune, from what I've read online most dealers instantly void warranty if they see its reflashed. I may be able to get lucky as when they rebuilt the motor the dealership shorted the engine harness and fried the pcm (they replaced all) so it has been "flashed" once already

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    I didnt want to do splitter rods until I had to. I almost wanted to get the new z28 style spoiler for it but couldnt find a 6th gen with it so I hesitated. this is just a cheap plastic one from fleabay lol in primer

as for tune, from what I've read online most dealers instantly void warranty if they see its reflashed. I may be able to get lucky as when they rebuilt the motor the dealership shorted the engine harness and fried the pcm (they replaced all) so it has been "flashed" once already

I just always liked the look of the rods. But i have a thing for "gaudy." Lol

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

That totally depends on the dealer with regards to voiding the warranty. If the "tune"can be directly traced to having a problem then you'll probably be voided.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

10. The Following User Says Thank You to joelster For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    If the "tune"can be directly traced to having a problem then you'll probably be voided.
    This. A tune won't void a warranty unless the car has an issue and they rule the tune as being the cause. The dealership I bought my car from seems relatively mod friendly, and also installs aftermarket speed parts and also factory upgraded cars (Callaway). They didn't bat an eye when I told them my V had a boatload of mods and was tuned by a semi local, reputable shop.

In regard's to Shaun's latest mod - I must say, I like it! It is far less obnoxious in person and reminds me a little of the 5th gen Z28 front splitter.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

I like it ( the splitter) I like the whole car great looking.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 03-01-2019 at 12:10 PM.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    This. A tune won't void a warranty unless the car has an issue and they rule the tune as being the cause. The dealership I bought my car from seems relatively mod friendly, and also installs aftermarket speed parts and also factory upgraded cars (Callaway). They didn't bat an eye when I told them my V had a boatload of mods and was tuned by a semi local, reputable shop.

In regard's to Shaun's latest mod - I must say, I like it! It is far less obnoxious in person and reminds me a little of the 5th gen Z28 front splitter.
    Then I'll be going to your dealer lol

2021 Charger Scat 392

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    Then I'll be going to your dealer lol

Do it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast