Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye G8

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Looks great man... need to smoke those tail lights and go full "murder."

LTXtexh.com is my drug...
    In time lol. Kat made me promise no mods besides a GM performance cold air until after all warranties expire. Because it's an a8 with npp the exhausts are stupid expensive, like $2k+. the factory npp exhaust sounds good though. no drone, sounds mean when you want it to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Smoking the tail lights wont effect the warranty...
    Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    In time lol. Kat made me promise no mods besides a GM performance cold air until after all warranties expire. Because it's an a8 with npp the exhausts are stupid expensive, like $2k+. the factory npp exhaust sounds good though. no drone, sounds mean when you want it to.

LTXtexh.com is my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

GM made smoked tail lights from the factory for the 1LE cars. They're $500 for the tails and center brake light. Very popular option. The red tails do stick out like a sore thumb.

I love the interior. Everyone cried about the 5th gen interior being ugly, and I didn't think they were ugly at all. 2010 GM bland, but not ugly or unusable. The 6th gen interiors are simply bad ass. My ZL1 has alcantara seat inserts, steering wheel, dash pieces, and shifter. There is also alcantara on the door panels. Easy to clean with a brush and water/isopropyl alcohol mix. The cluster is customizable and has plenty of gauges. Line lock function in the menu options. Buttons galore on the small, flat bottom steering wheel. Paddle shifters are actually usable and comfortable versus my V2. MyLink has totally evolved - the entertainment system is far superior to most other major manufacturers. Android Auto is amazing, nothing like putting Waze from your phone onto the screen.

I wish the car had a front camera (not PDR) specifically to make parking easier. Headliner isn't pretty near the windshield. Typical GM crap. Can't say I'm disappointed in the least. The Recaro seats are SUPER comfortable. Heated and cooled, I could drive my car to Cali and back.

I am taller and my seat is basically laying on the ground, and I can rock the elbow hanging out the window. Of course my arm is probably at a 130* angle, but it feels right. Like old school chopped muscle car right. Except you are reminded by the sheer refinement of the driving experience that it's not a rat road you're in.

I can't speak on the SS interiors, but the ZL1 interior makes me happy and I feel it's an understated feature at the very least.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    GM made smoked tail lights from the factory for the 1LE cars. They're $500 for the tails and center brake light. Very popular option. The red tails do stick out like a sore thumb.

I love the interior. Everyone cried about the 5th gen interior being ugly, and I didn't think they were ugly at all. 2010 GM bland, but not ugly or unusable. The 6th gen interiors are simply bad ass. My ZL1 has alcantara seat inserts, steering wheel, dash pieces, and shifter. There is also alcantara on the door panels. Easy to clean with a brush and water/isopropyl alcohol mix. The cluster is customizable and has plenty of gauges. Line lock function in the menu options. Buttons galore on the small, flat bottom steering wheel. Paddle shifters are actually usable and comfortable versus my V2. MyLink has totally evolved - the entertainment system is far superior to most other major manufacturers. Android Auto is amazing, nothing like putting Waze from your phone onto the screen.

I wish the car had a front camera (not PDR) specifically to make parking easier. Headliner isn't pretty near the windshield. Typical GM crap. Can't say I'm disappointed in the least. The Recaro seats are SUPER comfortable. Heated and cooled, I could drive my car to Cali and back.

I am taller and my seat is basically laying on the ground, and I can rock the elbow hanging out the window. Of course my arm is probably at a 130* angle, but it feels right. Like old school chopped muscle car right. Except you are reminded by the sheer refinement of the driving experience that it's not a rat road you're in.

I can't speak on the SS interiors, but the ZL1 interior makes me happy and I feel it's an understated feature at the very least.
    even the basic cloth 1ss interior in mine is super super nice, the 2ss has leather and all the gucci stuff, and the zl1 is just drool worthy. mylink is awesome. i wish i had the hud and pdr. one day ill havea zl1
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

well, the car went back to the dealer monday for the dreaded a8 transmission torque converter shudder. bickered with the dealer until finally they did the tsb procedure triple flush. got the car back tuesday and have been putting miles on it to see if it comes back, if it does it gets a new converter and possibly trans under warranty. i want this to be resolved soon as i want to do the watkins glen track day at the end of the month.
    2021 Charger Scat 392

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

ended up talking to the og owner and got some history, along with what mods it has. 1le sways, bmr lowering springs, miro wheels, motul brake fluid, carbotech pads (explains why it rips your face off when braking).

he traded it in on a 17 grand sport after having nearly every '16 camaro issue he could have, so hopefully the only issue that I have is the converter tsb since everything else has been fixed lol

2021 Charger Scat 392

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

So...what mods are done to it?

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

So...what mods are done to it?
    nothing that voids warranty

2021 Charger Scat 392

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Speaking of voiding warranties, I have been emailing Speed Engineering back and forth about their upcoming 2" header design. Justified spending will not be easy with an upcoming wedding.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Speaking of voiding warranties, I have been emailing Speed Engineering back and forth about their upcoming 2" header design. Justified spending will not be easy with an upcoming wedding.
    all about voiding that warranty eh
    2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast