Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Default Vaccum Brake Cannister

For those who install a cam and notice their brakes are not as good at low speeds, Install a vacuum cannister for assist, I literally had no brakes at speeds like 20-30 mph, the pedal was like stepping on a rock, at high speeds it was ok, so I installed a brake cannister and man what a difference! its like power brakes again. I would recommend changing out the power brake booster check valve while your at it, for under $5 its worth it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

my brakes are basically non existent at idle/low speed. I have to pump them like crazy. I have been going back and forth between a canister and an electric air pump. When I first built the motor I tried a vacuum can and it was great at low rpm but the pedal would turn into a brick while driving.

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spikester7878 For This Post:

Mine works well in both senarios, it used to be the opposite, at high speeds like the end of the 1/4 mile run, the brakes were good but at low speeds like 20mph the pedal was like a rock, I replaced the check vavle at the booster and added the cannister at the same time and power brakes again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

What brand of canister is recommended?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk