Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: OE Red interior

Default OE Red interior

I have a 94 Firebird, Im turning into a drag car, It has the OE red leather interior. The front seats are pooched, the rear seats are in decent condition, and the door panels are actually pretty good.

Ive been trying to do some research on these but I cant find any info, how rare is it, is it any more valuable than the grey/black/tan stuff? You guys have any idea what the panels and rear seats might be worth.

1997 Z28 M6: My cam and my A/C don't get along.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

According to all my references, there was no red interior available in 1994 Firebird. There was a red interior in the Camaro in 1994. The seat pattern does not match the 1994 leather interior (available in pewter, beige and white)shown in the “Illustrated Buyer's Guide - FIREBIRD”. That same reference indicates that the 1995 included “.... a new bright red leather interior option...”. The “Firebird Red Book” does not show a red interior for 94, only starting in 1995. The 4th Gen Firebird leather seats always had the “articulating” (movable) side bolsters on the seatback. The door panel map pocket/speaker configuration does not match the one in me 94 Formula, but might be what came with the base stereo. I have the 10-speaker setup with two speakers in each door. See photos on CarGuru link below.

Good reference for Firebird production numbers:

http://www.transamworld.com/break-down.htm

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/1994-P...ureId=41477493
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Red was a 95 only option, and pretty rare. The base seat pattern in the rear middle is incorrect, and the factory door panel wouldn't have had that seam under the handle. You probably have aftermarket stuff on the car. Plus what Injuneer said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

I pulled a panel in today, and the door panel inserts have the factory style plastic tabs/welds still holding the insert in
    1997 Z28 M6: My cam and my A/C don't get along.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The seat is definitely not an OEM leather seat. Appears someone has reupholstered a stock cloth seat. What do the back seats look like? Photo? If they are red "originals" they probably were pulled from a 95, as were the door panels. Seems odd though that even in a 95 someone would have ordered the leather interior, but not the upgraded audio system. Hence the suspicion that the door panels may have been altered.

The red rear seats and door panels would be of interest primarily to someone restoring a 95 that came with the rare red leather interior. Hard to put a price on something that is rare, but would have limited potential customers. Worth advertising, if real, to gauge interest.