Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Some quick clarification. Bryan never did the chip tunes. It was always Alvin who took care of those under the PCMForLess name. Alvin still is "PCM's of NC" to my knowledge.

Jay, your fuel pressure at prime should be higher than 35. I'd be curious to see if you have a leaking injector, or possibly a leaking regulator? Based off your symptoms, especially with the hard start, I'm leaning towards the injectors leaking. If my memory still serves me, Accel injectors back in the day were notorious for being leakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Some quick clarification. Bryan never did the chip tunes. It was always Alvin who took care of those under the PCMForLess name. Alvin still is "PCM's of NC" to my knowledge.

Jay, your fuel pressure at prime should be higher than 35. I'd be curious to see if you have a leaking injector, or possibly a leaking regulator? Based off your symptoms, especially with the hard start, I'm leaning towards the injectors leaking. If my memory still serves me, Accel injectors back in the day were notorious for being leakers.
    Yes! Alvin! I'm leaning on the injectors being the culprit too. The FPR was bad as was the pump from sitting all those years with old ethanol fuel in the system. Makes sense that the injectors would suffer too. Plus on my budget at the time , only the used and mediocre was all I could afford.. lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jaysz2893 View Post
    Yes! Alvin! I'm leaning on the injectors being the culprit too. The FPR was bad as was the pump from sitting all those years with old ethanol fuel in the system. Makes sense that the injectors would suffer too. Plus on my budget at the time , only the used and mediocre was all I could afford.. lol.

[gentle reminder] Pop that rail up and have a look. You'll know real quick once you key it on. [/gentle reminder since it's been so long for you]

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

well, that didnt totally fix it. It looked like 2 we leaking so i replaced the set with a new set of accels. I had some bosch but they wont fit the damn intake, too short. Now if i can get it to fire over it doesn't stick rich. problem is I cant get ti to fire over and run smooth, Seems like ignition now. I just put a delco opti and coil in before i got it inspected. Nothing is showing up in trunerpro, but I cant get it to run long enough. Still needs to crank a lot and the throttle body open to get it to fire over.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jaysz2893 View Post
    well, that didnt totally fix it. It looked like 2 we leaking so i replaced the set with a new set of accels. I had some bosch but they wont fit the damn intake, too short. Now if i can get it to fire over it doesn't stick rich. problem is I cant get ti to fire over and run smooth, Seems like ignition now. I just put a delco opti and coil in before i got it inspected. Nothing is showing up in trunerpro, but I cant get it to run long enough. Still needs to crank a lot and the throttle body open to get it to fire over.
    Are you running it on the last good tune it ran on? If not, switch to that, take any variables out of the equation.

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

Yep, it is the one that ran the car last weekend for 80 miles.... even foot the floor of wont fire right. Really seems ignition to me now. When I took it to DMV I had big cats in the pipes and it got Hot under the hood. Enough to melt some wire loom. I'm gonna track down the wires and I have a spare ICM somewhere. I'll report back... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Are you running it on the last good tune it ran on? If not, switch to that, take any variables out of the equation.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

I doubt it's the ICM. That's a "works or it doesn't" type of thing.

If you want the service manual diagnosis chart, I still have my 93 service manual and can put some pics up.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Or download a copy for free, courses GaryDoug:

https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

I have my manual and I am walking away from it now. I couldn't find my spare ICM. I took a video and I'll post it soon. I knew this damn car was going to do this to me.

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00001030488068

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast