Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

I pulled the rails and primed the pump. No leaks with the new injectors .. primes up to 40 psi. It just doesn't seem to be getting strong ignition. Raw gas smell at the exhaust pipe if in keep it running with the throttle open.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

Pulled the valve covers and the valvetrian seems fine too

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

@jaysz2893 any update on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

None yet. I'm in Detroit all week. I'll be able to mess with it this weekend. I got a new coil and ICM as well as a IAC and MAP pigtail to fix the broken crap. I should do that anyway. I do have a line on a complete ls1 engine / harness/ PCM in a 4th gen k member for cheap......

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

UPDATE!

New ICM and Coil and the car fires over... now i have low TPS voltage (and running rough) I tried 3 TPS sensors i had laying around and i have 0.4 closed and I cant adjust it anywhere. BBK TB. Even if i take it off and turn the TPS by hand I never get over 1 volt. I am stumped

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

UPDATE AGAIN

I followed the procedure and I get 4.96 when probing the blue wire to the battery. I think the harness could be messed up I tired 2 PCM and same thing.
    Last edited by jaysz2893; 09-28-2018 at 12:09 PM.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Are you clearing DTC 22? It's going to stay in the ECM as a stored code until you clear it, or drive the car a significant number of "drive cycles" without the problem recurring, and it auto-clears.

In a 1993, DTC 22 (signal voltage low) sets when the TPS signal voltage is less than ~0.23 volts. 0.40 volts should not set a code. And of course there is no adjustment, because the ECM reads the voltage at key on, and as long as the voltage is between 0.30- 0.90 volts, sets the key on voltage as 0% throttle position.

You should have ~5.0 volts between the Black ground wire and the Gray 5 volt reference wire. Blue wire is the variable signal wire. Black wire goes to pin B on the connector, Blue wire goes to pin C on the connector, Gray wire goes to pin A. Signal voltage is read between the Blue wire and the Black wire.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

ok, i found the ground was messed up and fixed it. i have the right voltage everywhere now. Cleared the DTC. now it fires over but wont stay running. The IAC is still at 160. I tried resetting it a bunch of times now. It is relatively new. I get a big sucking noise at the air intake and when i do give it gas to run, i hear a weird whirring noise....

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

What air box are you using, the one from SLP that came with the hood?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Test IAC electronics:

From Shoebox

http://shbox.com/1/iac2.jpg

Passages could be plugged. I remember one we sorted out where the coolant in the bottom plate had leaked into the air passage.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast