Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Look at the log and see if the EVAP purge was activated at the time the STFT’s dropped. Typically, the log will show the activation of the purge valve as a percent duty cycle.

LTX Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Look at the log and see if the EVAP purge was activated at the time the STFT’s dropped. Typically, the log will show the activation of the purge valve as a percent duty cycle.
    Unfortunately I don't think I can go back and see that. I have to actually choose which parameters I want to view in real time. I have been trying to go back and watch the logs I have from the day it acted up but haven't had luck. I might need to try it out on my desk top computer. At this point I can only keep logging as I drive and screenshot when I have to. The plan is to redo those grounds, replace plugs and wires and then I will just have to wait until my next fill up to see if it overflows again which might indicate the problem is with my truck and not the fuel pump. And if it does overflow, I will see if I can watch the evap when I drive away in case it happens again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    MATT

95 Z28 - Forged 383 LT1, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E w/3200 stall, Pacesetter LT's & ORY with a stockish exhaust (E-cutout soon to come!)

LTX Master

Status

Driving home yesterday it acted up briefly when I had to brake heavy but corrected itself. Same issue where short term O2s went haywire briefly. Another little interesting feature of this scanner I have is I can do smog testing to see if I pass a smog test. Also has a mode 6 test. Turns out I'm definitely having an issue with at least one of the O2 sensors I believe. I will screenshot and post the results shortly when I go back out and re run the tests. Are O2 sensors affected by rapid deceleration somehow?

MATT

95 Z28 - Forged 383 LT1, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E w/3200 stall, Pacesetter LT's & ORY with a stockish exhaust (E-cutout soon to come!)

LTX Master

Status

I have no idea what these numbers means but several of the tests as you can see were not completed indicated by the yellow symbol. The red x marks indicate completed and failed both of which state "rich to lean sensor switch time"

MATT

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    No idea

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

LTX Master

Status

I wish there was some sort of explanations as to what each set of numbers meant. The only thing I could do is contact blue driver and see what they can tell me.

MATT

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

They may be able to tell you. But the problem with OBD2 is that it is relatively easy to retrieve the data by number reported by the ECM, but not so easy to cross that number to a specific vehicle.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

LTX Master

Status

Alright so I finally had to fill up for the first time since posting this thread. Remember I said how the pump stopped but still spilled some fuel down the side of the truck? Well I went to the same station but got a different pump this time. Same thing happened. This also happened at a different station before I had this problem pop up bad several weeks ago and got all the new parts. Could this whole thing be caused by the evap system or something connected to the fuel suddenly starting to spill out?

MATT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123