Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Thread: Cracked lifter

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jason Posey
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Default Cracked lifter

I found a cracked lifter at the base near roller. I understand ls7 lifters are correct replacement and was wondering everybodys go to place. Scoggin Dickey seems lowest price but not sure if they are the best part to use. Im using an older GM 846 cam with 1.6 rockers. Thanks for any replies.

Lurker

Status

sever threads the LSx lifter is not the best replacement (read some will never use them). FWIW I have had Comp 850's in for at least 40k mi now
    96 BBB 383/T56

I ran LS7 lifters with a cc306 that I spun to 7K pretty much every day for around 80K miles. Im going to put LS7s in my race car and never think about them again
    1997 Z28 M6: My cam and my A/C don't get along.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jason Posey
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

I ended up ordering ls7’s from SDPC before I saw BALLSS post. I reused my crane gm 846 cam, Howard’s single springs, comp 1.6 roller tip rockers, and reused my push rods. I know I did go cheap route, but only spent 180 on all of it new. I gained a solid 1 to 1.5 mph in the eighth mile and no ET gain yet. I have converter out going to be fixed. It only goes to 2200 on foot brake and I also picked up some 4.10 yesterday to replace of my 3.73s. I have not had it tuned yet. I wanted correct gears and stall speed before tune as it will be a mail order tune from a forum sponsor. Main goal is eighth mile bracket racing and any advice is wanted.