Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Fletcher A. Bass III
    Vehicle
    97 T/A WS6 , 96 Impala SS

Default have some concerns ???

Im looking at buying a 97 WS6 but now it thinking if it is a real WS6 car some things point out to me that I noticed from other WS6s I'm looking at online like for one the seats on this one is cloth and they look plain compared to the other ones I've seen that has leather seats that look a lil bulkier also the anolog odometer this one has is kinda having me concern cause I've seen some with the digital odometer so now I'm concern what I'm spending my hard earn money on other than that the car is sharp and is mint it has 88k miles and original paint

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Does it have RPO code WS6 on the Service Parts Identification label?

Is the 10th digit of the VIN V = 1997 (all models)?

I know on the 97 Camaro, the early 1997 model year cars had the analog odometer, and changed to digital part way through the 97 model year. Pretty sure the Firebird was the same, with early 1997 model year cars having the analog odometer.

Is the car a Formula or a Trans Am? The Formula WS6 could have cloth seats.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 08-13-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Fletcher A. Bass III
    Vehicle
    97 T/A WS6 , 96 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Does it have RPO code WS6 on the Service Parts Identification label?

Is the 10th digit of the VIN V = 1997 (all models)?

I know on the 97 Camaro, the early 1997 model year cars had the analog odometer, and changed to digital part way through the 97 model year. Pretty sure the Firebird was the same, with early 1997 model year cars having the analog odometer.

Is the car a Formula or a Trans Am? The Formula WS6 could have cloth seats.
    Its a trans am

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Go to this website, enter the VIN, and you will get a complete listing of all the vehicle RPO codes, and the meaning of each. That will include the codes/description of the car when it left the factory. There is a small charge, but it’s worth it, particularly if you are questioning the authenticity of the car:

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.