Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

when my McLeod master/slave assembly went bad, it did exactly this. It also started overextending the slave and making the fork grind the pp so bad I couldnt push clutch all the way down

I went back to stock valeo hydros and have had no issues since

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    One of the things that caught my eye in the service manual was “pilot bearing between input shaft and output shaft binding”. That would probably affect all gears.
    I'm gonna pull that manual up on my computer when I get home and go through the trans as best I can and take a look at that, didn't notice it just skimming through

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    when my McLeod master/slave assembly went bad, it did exactly this. It also started overextending the slave and making the fork grind the pp so bad I couldnt push clutch all the way down

I went back to stock valeo hydros and have had no issues since

hmm okay, and no fluid loss when the slave goes? it is a stock slave with McLeod master and I was looking for fluids when it first happened but the ground was dry underneath so ruled that out. I don't remember if I've replaced the slave since I've had the car so that very well could be it

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
    I'm gonna pull that manual up on my computer when I get home and go through the trans as best I can and take a look at that, didn't notice it just skimming through

hmm okay, and no fluid loss when the slave goes? it is a stock slave with McLeod master and I was looking for fluids when it first happened but the ground was dry underneath so ruled that out. I don't remember if I've replaced the slave since I've had the car so that very well could be it
    no, no fluid loss, it overextended. the master uses a stock style slave. the stock style slave "self adjusts" for clutch wear. but if it gets too much pressure from the master it can overshoot.

fyi new stock hydros, new clutch. pedal sits 1" lower than brake pedal

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Brandon++S
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

I had my slave go bad. No fluid loss whatsoever. I believe if the seal is bad inside it will bypass and not engage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon++S For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

okay that's good to know, I assumed it would leak fluid if it went bad. hopefully I didn't pull the trans for nothing is there any way to tell if the slave is bad other then the symptoms I am seeing? anything I can look for?

still probably going to have the trans rebuilt/upgraded while I have it out, we'll see what some local shops say about pricing/experience

94 Z28 M6, 383 LT1, McLeod Twin Disk, MGW, SLP CAI, Pacesetter LTs w/ORY, E-cut out, Spintech 2OTL, Strano sways, BMR suspension, Viking coilovers, Solomon tuned
    96 Chevy K1500, 5.7L Vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, Volant CAI, Pacesetter LTs, Spintech 6000, b&m, 33s- DD

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

so took a break from this thing, got burned out and focused on house things for a couple weeks. now I'm motivated and want to get this thing figured out and back together. new slave came today so i decided to get under the car and look things over before i tired putting the trans back in and noticed a dowel pin sitting in the bottom of the bell housing (left it attached to the motor when i pulled the trans). saw that one of the 3 dowel pins was missing from the pressure plate (see pic below), not sure exactly what the dowel pin does, anybody have insight? not sure how i missed it before, but i would assume this couldn't have caused the issues i was having, would it?
    20180827_181231.jpg

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Is that scraping around the pressure plate from the dowel pin? I ask because when I put a Street Twin into Call911's car, there was interference with the clutch arm and pressure plate. If the arm was being overextended, that would certainly be your grinding noise. I can't see that dowel causing all that unless it was wedged somewhere tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

that looks exactly like my pressure plate when my slave over extended dude.
    2021 Charger Scat 392

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

yes, the scraping is from last year when the clutch fork bolt backed out and was contacting the pressure plate, so it is unrelated to the current issue. sorry, I knew someone was gonna mention that and should've put a disclaimer lol bolt was loctited and torqued properly and was tight when I pulled the trans this time so ruled that out.

I didn't think that dowel pin could cause the issues I was having, thinking I am just going to reinstall it and move on. I will need to open it up a bit as it just slides in the hole easily right now with no resistance.
    Last edited by hokeplaya05; 08-28-2018 at 02:11 PM.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Corey
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro z28

well think i figured out the issue guess i didn't look at the clutch good enough, going to email mcleod to see what they say. i have no idea how this happens, other disk looks fine and the input shaft spine on the trans looks good too
    20180828_190844.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast