Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
MoeBig

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Name
    Mark Meister
    Vehicle
    1994 Caprice
    Location
    Buckeye state
    Posts
    3

    Default New member from Ohio

    Hello all I live near Youngstown Oh. and what brings me hear is for guidance & instruction. I have a couple of 94 B body Caprices ex state highway patrol cars and I have a 55 Chevy Belair that's in search of a motor . I thought about pulling one of the P code motors out of one of the Caprices to stick in the 55 and I'm in search of ideas. I ran both Cop cars at the strip and the one car had a best of 14.69 in the quarter and the other just a little slower than that both of them would have been quicker if the posi would have been working correctly.

    I have thought about everything from a big block, a 406 and a 383 and I started thinking the Caprices aren't doing anything but sitting so that's when I hatched this idea. I don't know if I'll run the 4-60LE or a 4sp or I even thought about a 6 spd. So thanks for letting me be a part of your fine forum and hopefully I'll get so ideas on some performance upgrades. Thanks again.

    Mark

  2. #2
    Asshole.


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    Hi Mark, welcome!

    I've been around tri-5's my whole life. Great cars. I also love b-bodies. I think you'll find quite a bit of information on this site.

    Also, you're not far from Canfield. I usually go to one or two of those swap meets a year. Actually, I set up as a vendor with my Dad. I'm one of the few guys selling miscellaneous 3rd and 4th gen fbody stuff, and some lsx stuff.

    Chris.
    1994 Trans Am
    Under the knife - shifting gears; Cammed 5.3, CPT Pro Race 60e, Protorque 3400, QP 9"
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Daily driven, Bolton/pump gas, 582rwhp/627rwtq | 1987 Iroc Sitting in the weeds | 2006 Silverado Z71 Stock 5.3/60e 230k+

  3. #3
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    327

    Default

    welcome, great group of guys here with lots of knowledge
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW


  4. #4
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    94 Camaro Z28
    Location
    Atoka,TN
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Welcome!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

  5. #5
    "The Rock"


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28, 1994 Trans Am GT, 1985/1996 Corvette CLONE
    Location
    Shillington, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    60,371

    Default

    Welcome to the "family" man... b-body Impala Ss owner here.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


    Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

    1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

    1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

    1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

    1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

    2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..





  6. #6
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Name
    Mark Meister
    Vehicle
    1994 Caprice
    Location
    Buckeye state
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Hi Mark, welcome!

    I've been around tri-5's my whole life. Great cars. I also love b-bodies. I think you'll find quite a bit of information on this site.

    Also, you're not far from Canfield. I usually go to one or two of those swap meets a year. Actually, I set up as a vendor with my Dad. I'm one of the few guys selling miscellaneous 3rd and 4th gen fbody stuff, and some lsx stuff.


    Thanks for the nice welcome guys appreciate it. Harner I use to go to the Canfield & Butler Pa. swap meet all the time looking for 55 parts and Gen 2 Camaro parts then the 55 parts started to dry up and I quit going. As a matter of fact my 73 Z/28 RS came from the Canfield swap meet. I always wanted a Gen 2 RS and one day I found mine at the swap meet, its a numbers matching car all original It had been sitting inthis guys yard in North Carolina for 10 years when he found it I don't know why he didn't try to restore it because he has a restoration business. But anywho when I found out he only wanted $1600.00 for it he got my attention he even delivered it free since it was on his way home kinda. He hadn't tried started since he bought it so when he dropped it off I checked the fluids put a battery in it sprayed some gas in the carb and without a lot of work she fired right up and as soon as the valve seals got some oil on them it quit smoking Thanks again guys.

    Mark

  7. #7
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Name
    Mark Meister
    Vehicle
    1994 Caprice
    Location
    Buckeye state
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Welcome to the "family" man... b-body Impala Ss owner here.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Thanks for the welcome Popo8. I bought both of my B bodies at state auction back in the early 2000 I wanted to make a SS out of one and I bought the second for my Brother because he didn't have the money at auction time and as it turned out he never did find the money to buy off me so its just sitting there so now I'm looking at as a donor car for a motor for my 55. I put some Eibach springs on the other Caprice bought some SS wheels and a SS grill and that's about as far as I got with the SS treatment. I bought a ram air system for it and it drew its air from underneath the bumper it didn't help a bit at the drags but it did a fine job collecting water and grading the middle of gravel driveways. I also put a Granatelli mass air sensor but I took it off and took it back to Summit and got a refund. But to be fair to the ram air and the upgrade to the mass air sensor I didn't have a laptop to see if I could tweak them to make the parts work.

    Mark

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to 55shoebox For This Post:


  9. #8
    Asshole.


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 55shoebox View Post
    Thanks for the nice welcome guys appreciate it. Harner I use to go to the Canfield & Butler Pa. swap meet all the time looking for 55 parts and Gen 2 Camaro parts then the 55 parts started to dry up and I quit going. As a matter of fact my 73 Z/28 RS came from the Canfield swap meet. I always wanted a Gen 2 RS and one day I found mine at the swap meet, its a numbers matching car all original It had been sitting inthis guys yard in North Carolina for 10 years when he found it I don't know why he didn't try to restore it because he has a restoration business. But anywho when I found out he only wanted $1600.00 for it he got my attention he even delivered it free since it was on his way home kinda. He hadn't tried started since he bought it so when he dropped it off I checked the fluids put a battery in it sprayed some gas in the carb and without a lot of work she fired right up and as soon as the valve seals got some oil on them it quit smoking Thanks again guys.

    Mark
    Very cool, one of the guys we set up with is Nifty Fifties. He is old school and he has anything and everything for tri 5 cars.

    Cool story, looking forward to seeing pictures! Also, I'll be at Canfield next month.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Chris.
    1994 Trans Am
    Under the knife - shifting gears; Cammed 5.3, CPT Pro Race 60e, Protorque 3400, QP 9"
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Daily driven, Bolton/pump gas, 582rwhp/627rwtq | 1987 Iroc Sitting in the weeds | 2006 Silverado Z71 Stock 5.3/60e 230k+

  10. #9
    LTX Regular


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet
    Location
    Minot
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Welcome!
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •